Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Was this feature an "Option" on Geo Metros?

DOCTORBILL
02-20-2007, 12:04 PM
My wife's '93 Geo Tracker has a nice Window Feature that is not on my '93 Geo Metro!

Here is a picture of it....

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1111/trackerwindowtabqu4.jpg

Here is what is on my '93 Geo Metro 3 cyl Hatchback's door....

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1273/metrowindowholesft1.jpg

No big deal, huh...?

Well at high speed, my Metro window is sucked outward by the wind and I
hear a nice Howling Sound.

The above "goodie" tab holds the window up against the rubber seal on the
Tracker when going at high speed. (I never go over the limit...)

Does anyone with a Geo Metro have this tab on their doors?

I have not seen such in the "Pull-n-Save" here in Spokane, WA.

Why are there holes there if not for this Tab Goodie?

I'm wondering if anyone has them or if the ones on the Tracker would work
on the Metro.....?

DoctorBill

Crvett69
02-21-2007, 12:04 AM
its a guide to hold window in place as you roll it up. you might still be able to get new ones from dealer. if window is rolling up straight it should sit in channel and not be sucked outward by wind. roll window up to top while car is parked and with one hand on each side of it pull toward rear of car. if you can pull it back more than 1/8" window needs to be adjusted

idmetro
02-21-2007, 09:03 AM
My 94 has the same holes in the drivers door with nothing attached. You could make a cardboard template of the holes and take it along to the wrecking yard on your next trip to compare against the guide on a tracker as a fit check.

DanMan7
02-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Another option is to get those VentShades and put them on your vehicle. They always seem to work very well, especially when it's raining and you want to have your window down a little, and not have to worry about rain coming in. I believe they're around $40 a pair, and you can get them at select places. I've had them on my last two trucks, and they're awesome. Still deciding, however, if I will get them for my Geo or not.

Add your comment to this topic!