Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Heater Vent for Dash

DanMan7
11-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Hello everyone. i'm looking for a new or good used condition heater/fan vent for the dash, the right side, right above the stereo. The adjusting up/down and left /right are all busted on it, and some of the fins are busted on it too. Any help would be greatly appreciated! If the whole entire center vent assembly has to be replaced, that's fine too. Please help! Thanks! By the way, it's for a 92 Metro LSI Coupe.

Irk
11-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Yeh all my vent adjusters are broken, seems to be common issue with these cars

RossT
11-07-2006, 11:22 PM
The metro that I just got last March, had the same issues with the vents. I went to the junk yard to get replacements. It looked like you have to remove the dash in order to get the vents out. I didn't have the time so, I simply broke several vent pieces on the donar car, then you can remove the good pieces that you need. You can then replace your broken ones with the donar ones, one piece at a time. (you don't have to remove your dash to do this) It's rather easy to do this. Just make sure you grab lots of extras from the yard. It took me about 30 minutes to replace, maybee half of my center dash vents pieces. I may be wrong, but you only have to remove the dash if you are going to replace the whole vent section as a single unit. Replacing one piece at time can be done, like I did.

way
11-08-2006, 12:03 AM
I had to do this on my 96. I don't know if this holds true for the pre-95's but I found that the actual vent louvers themselves simply clip into the plastic dash frame. If they are you won't have to remove the dash.

Try removing your broken vent louvers first to see how they are attached. If you're lucky, they just clip in also. Pay attention to how they come out so that you know how to remove them from the donor car. That way you won't be as likely to break the ones in the donor car.

Hope this helps!

Add your comment to this topic!