Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What is wrong with the A/C system ?

alaindefrance
06-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Hello,

I am totally new in this forum but I have seen that there are very nice and competent people there trying to help each other, especially those like me not really a geek in auto mechanic.

So, thanks in advance for your help.

Here is my question :

I have a 1997 Geo Metro LSI 4 doors sedan 1.3L and have a problem having the A/C working correctly (the belt is new). The owner manual is not very descriptive about the A/C equipment under the hood. When the A/C button is On, nothing works. It's barely if I can feel fresh air (and it's pretty hot here in South Texas).

What is wrong with the system ? What can I do to fix the problem myself ?

Thanks again.

Alain.

geozukigti
06-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Sorry to sound mean, but your description is extremely vague. Is the compressor kicking on? Can you hear the air valves moving around when you move the hot/cold lever? Have you checked your A/C system for pressure? If it's empty, the compressor won't kick on, and hence, no cold air.

b_rad_g_homz
06-28-2006, 07:17 PM
i know in texas its the same in st pete fl. my friend was in husten(unsure how to spell it) for a while for collage and his shitty honda had a o-ring go out so it leacked out all the frean. there are a/c shops that will check it for free to find the problem and will tell ya how much it would to fix the a/c. mine is a o-ring in the front that i just have to get to the autoparts store and buy a o-ring and hook one of my canasters up and charge the system.

Add your comment to this topic!