Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

this is gonna be interesting

Chiquae07
06-09-2006, 10:03 AM
i want to swap in a honda b series engine inside the engine bay of a metro since it is sooooo light. do any of u guys know if this will fill in w/o extensive modification?

98tracker
06-09-2006, 01:47 PM
i want to swap in a honda b series engine inside the engine bay of a metro since it is sooooo light. do any of u guys know if this will fill in w/o extensive modification?

i dont think you even could the honda motor rotates in the opposite direction, your better of swapping in a suzuki swift gt motor into it, if your interested i have a 91 swift gt that im parting out

Chiquae07
06-10-2006, 02:15 AM
i diddnt know. thats y i asked. just the dream of a 1800 lbs car having the same power to weight ratio per 10 lbs. i was thinking about the whole swift thing, but i wanted something original. really original. i dont think so though, ur located way too far for me....im in the midwest, so thats a no go. thanks for the reply

98tracker
06-10-2006, 01:14 PM
i diddnt know. thats y i asked. just the dream of a 1800 lbs car having the same power to weight ratio per 10 lbs. i was thinking about the whole swift thing, but i wanted something original. really original. i dont think so though, ur located way too far for me....im in the midwest, so thats a no go. thanks for the reply

even if im too far from you, you should look for the swift motor closer to you. try looking in the for sale section at www.teamswift.net (http://www.teamswift.net)
there really isnt alot of people that have done the gt swap in a metro, even if their was its still a sleeper, your in a metro!!! also once you swap theres still a ton of performance parts for it including turbo kits!

Chiquae07
06-11-2006, 01:52 AM
thanks for the info as well. my friend did that swap. runs 12s at the track. btw, for ur sig to work, make the caps like '[IMG]' and ''

and u get this
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/333000-333999/333623_267_full.jpg

stamar
06-11-2006, 05:04 AM
well skip hondas, what about something like a 1.8 liter dohc anything else like a toyota or a mazda? that would be cool it would be a ridiulous vehicle.

Chiquae07
06-11-2006, 10:36 AM
i would do a tranny/engine swap into it, but idk if if would work. wanted a geo guru to know if this is at all possible sicne i have seen the size of the bay.

98tracker
06-11-2006, 12:50 PM
i heard somewhere that a guy dropped in a mazda motor in one. i think he was running 12s also!

geozukigti
06-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Anything's possible. The fact that you're using a motor made by someone other than the OEM of the car makes it a pain in the ass though. Wiring, computer, transmission, mounting points, everything is different. Even the gauge cluster will not work without extensive modification. And if you don't know how to fabricate motor mounts, and know where to source a honda RWD transmission.. AND know how to modify the propshaft to fit and work with a suzuki rear-end... then I wouldn't even start on it. The Honda motor spins in the same direction as the swift's motor does... BUT the transmission bolts to the opposite side of the engine, so you'd be spinning the propshaft in the wrong direction if you tried to bolt up to the suzuki trans. Go with a 1.6L Sidekick block, with a swift GT head, and turbo it. You'll have a TON of power and torque.

Add your comment to this topic!