Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Gave up the '96 Metro

cbuck
04-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Went 30 days with no problems out of the Metro (4 cyl. auto w/ 98K), so we decided to give it on it up before it gave up on us. Went 9 months with it to get my daughter through end of high school (as was planned when we got it). Sold it for $800, had $2400 or so in it including repairs that I was able to do with much appreciated help and information from this site. THANKS, GUYS!!!!
NET cost to own w/o gas & normal maint. was $177 per mo.---hard to complain about!
It still needs CV joints, A/C clutch, and valve job, but was still getting 32-36 mpg. The guy that bought it is excited to dig in. (I threw in the Haynes manual)

We settled on the "Geo of the Future"---An '05 Chevy Aveo 5-door.
Roomy 4-cyl auto with 34 mpg hwy rating, 5-Star crash rating, fun to drive, and less money to own and insure than a Civic. 36/36 BTB and 60/60 powertrain warranties. With my help on the credit end, she's at $223.00 for 60 mo.

The best part? KEY LIME GREEN! Color looks like a cross between Shrek and the one-eyed guy on Monsters, Inc., with metal flake thrown in.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP ON THE METRO FORUM!!!!! I'll be back if (WHEN) the Metro buyer needs help.

KaotiKCamaro5
04-25-2005, 02:45 PM
glad to see you got a new Aveo, i happen to be a chevy guy myself (owning a camaro and all)

*i didnt know the Aveo was a 5 door! thats crazy, i wonder how they got so many doors on the little bugger..

Add your comment to this topic!