Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Metro Carpet

bbroski
03-30-2005, 02:42 PM
I have 95 Metro 3cyl 1.0 and I have a leak somewhere under my carpet and it smells. So I wanted to order some new carpet for it but can only find carpet for up to a 94. Does anyone know if the 94 carpet would fit in a 95?? or have a part list for a 94 carpet is they even have a part list for that??? Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

chembrad
03-31-2005, 04:37 PM
What about fixing the leak first? Is your heater core leaking?

Zogboy
03-31-2005, 07:56 PM
Try the auto carpet from Lowes home improvement.
Use a heat gun to mold it in place.

MrPink
03-31-2005, 08:37 PM
I would have never, ever thought of this. How well does this work? Details on the procedure and heat levels? Any caveats?

-Pink

bbroski
04-01-2005, 07:07 AM
What about fixing the leak first? Is your heater core leaking?

Yea, thats what I want to do, last night I stripped the inside, all I have is the drivers seat in there. I found the leak, the front of the wheel wells are all rusted, and on the drivers side wheel well I have a nice size hole. :mad: Any one ever fix this problem?? and how?? As for the carpet it's pretty well ruined.

MrPink
04-01-2005, 10:04 AM
I spent about a year restoring my mom's '73 Monte Carlo- she had a bunch of rust from trailering a boat. I had to rebuild a few sections of her quarter panels and used a combination of metal window screen (easy to shape and have it retain its shape), fiberglass and Bondo. Worked great.

I want more details on the carpet heat-gun thing!

-Pink

Add your comment to this topic!