Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Chevy Geo Bumper

Lemming
12-28-2004, 07:11 PM
grr, okay I am way up north here, and as false as this may sound, the very bottom edge of my bumper broke while driving though the snow banks to get on and off the street (well the fog lights got torn off and the bits they were attached to cracked). It's still there, and its not horribly noticeable, but..... I don't like it looking like that. So I firgure a junk yard replacement or a cheap skirt package. I looked at the skirt packages out there and they all end at 94 for north america and then go onto mk4 body types and so on, can anyone tell me what kinda body type my 99 is and what years to look for, for matchs of stock bumpers.

It's a white car but if I can't find a white replacement I will just replace the front and back bumpers with gray or black and that way it won't look outta place. If I can find the right year I can get the bumpers for 45 bucks and do the work by myself, but if I can get a skirt package for say 500 I might be willing to do that, although I don't want to look like a "ricer", if ya know what I mean.

Thanx in advance

SeanMurphy
12-29-2004, 06:00 AM
As far as I know, there's no skirt package available for the third gen of (97 and up) of these cars. A bumper off anything swift based from 97 - end of prodcution will fit on your 99. (Metro, Firefly, Swift)

Lemming
12-30-2004, 05:09 AM
97 up, good that atleast gives me a few more years to look at for parts

Lemming
01-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Any other vehicles that have similar bumpers that would almost fit? Might be fun to just do a lil custom work, so the car would still look almost normal and it would make it cheaper and easier to find parts. And it never hurts to make something more your own.

movin2stereo
01-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Isn't 95 where the body change took place?

Add your comment to this topic!