Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hard starting - 95 Riviera

bbegen
11-16-2003, 08:51 PM
I have a 95 Buick Riviera. My car starts very hard. I dont know if it is related but I recently changed the fuel pump. It starts every time. But after I turn the ignition, it does not start quickly. please give some advice...What can be the reason?

thank you,

Burak

intimida
11-18-2003, 05:25 AM
check the fuel pressure regulator.pull the vacum line off of it and see if raw fuel comes out if so replace it.also if you used an aftermarket pump it's possibly faulty too.

RABarrett
11-19-2003, 09:43 AM
These units use two parallel circuits to operate the fuel pump. The first is a relay, operated by the ECM to initially pressurize the system. If this circuit is operating normally, you may hear the pump run for a few seconds when the key is turned on, but before the engine starts. The other circuit is powered by the oil pressure sender, requiring that oil pressure be present before the pump runs. If the system was not properly tested, or not completely serviced, the resulting repairs may not prove entirely satisfactory. If the oil pressure unit is powering the pump, starting will be delayed until oil pressure develops. Ray

Add your comment to this topic!