Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 lesabre blower motor

bill149
05-26-2010, 08:49 PM
blower motor stop working. fuses ok. motor is not getting power.i hook up 12v. wire from battery to motor and it runs.check 4 relays and they click ok.took out blower motor resister and it shows no sign of overheating,don't know how to check it.put everything back together and it ran on the lower speeds and stopped working after 5 min.this is a auto temp unit and everything else works ok.anybody have any ideas on this problem?thank you

claimed4all
05-27-2010, 07:28 AM
If you hit it under the dash does it start working again? I had a similar problem that I have corrected on a 02 LeSabre. I pulled the more out of the housing, cleaned it really good with electrical motor cleaner and put it all back together. Been problem free since.

bill149
05-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Well you know i tap under the dash and nothing happen.So i got to moving things around under the maxi fuse box and around the blower control module and wouldn't you know it started working again.:smile: So its gotta be something going on with blower control module or a loose connection.well at least its not under the dash panel i do better under the hood.i almost started throwing used parts at it until i read your post.Anything else i should look at? thanks

claimed4all
05-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Thats all I looked at. Seems like you found the problem though.

bill149
05-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah i took the blower module out and look at it again and sure enough the one plug with red wire got hot.i couldn't salvage the plug so i went to the junk yard and got a used module and plugs and extra relays in case i need them in the future.Put everything back together and its working fine.:wink:

Add your comment to this topic!