Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

54 reg locking problem

ashjonwil
03-03-2010, 03:41 PM
I have owned this 1.9tdi for over a year but now the central locking is acting up...It locks fine on the key fob but when i unlock it the only door that unlocks is the drivers door,Yes i am pressing it twice!.If i press the unlock button on the inside of the drvers door everything unlocks,Its just come back from a service and the bloke tells me the battery went flat because the ignition was left on!!would this effect owt???
if you can help that would be sound ash:runaround:

Franco2112
03-03-2010, 04:48 PM
With the ignition left on when the battery went dead it confused your cpu. Try this. Open your hood and disconnect your negative battery terminal then your positive battery terminal. Wait ten minutes. Then reconnect your positive battery terminal then your negative battery terminal. It should reset your doors, fob and other stuff.
One other thing before you do this. Make sure you have your radio code handy. You may have to reset your radio. Franco

ashjonwil
03-06-2010, 04:50 PM
With the ignition left on when the battery went dead it confused your cpu. Try this. Open your hood and disconnect your negative battery terminal then your positive battery terminal. Wait ten minutes. Then reconnect your positive battery terminal then your negative battery terminal. It should reset your doors, fob and other stuff.
One other thing before you do this. Make sure you have your radio code handy. You may have to reset your radio. Franco

cheers tried what youve said but not changed anything...any more ideas?
all the kocks open when i press the button on the door inside so its not a sticking lock...:rolleyes:

Add your comment to this topic!