Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2006 Passat 2.0t Code P0221

silverstrk65
08-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Hello. I have a 2006 passat 2.0 turbo I purchased a week ago. It has around 80000 miles. Before I bought it I got the carfax and found the car to be very well maintained and all repairs were documented. Even talked with the dealership(which isnt the place I bought it from) that did all the work on the car which made me very comfortable with this purchase. But this evening while driving, the check engine light came on but didnt stay on for long. The EPC, stabilization indicators came on as well. The cruise control wasnt working properly either. Once I got home I plugged in my diagnostic scanner. It is one i bought from advance auto so its not a high end one but has come in handy in the past. Anyway it showed a P0221 code which says the TPS. Now the carfax said the wiring harness for the accelerator was replaced before so maybe this is a common problem?? Would the TPS code make the other lights come on and also cause the cruise not to work???? I am taking the car back but it is a used car dealership and I want to make sure I get as much info on this so they cannot BS me. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike_Van
06-13-2012, 06:58 AM
Probably too late to be useful here, but Ross-Tech makes VAG-COM/VCDS software for VW/Audi, and their site has a useful Wiki.

This was what I found re: P0221, which is the generic OBD-II code. A VAG-COM scan would perhaps tell you more.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16605/P0221/000545

Add your comment to this topic!