Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > TT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-02-2001, 10:18 PM   #1
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
body

----------
I've seen the future, and all I can say is go back....
igor@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 03:36 AM   #2
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
I don't think the styling, interior or exterior, is too wonderful. I think they look decent, but I just think it's too curvy. Sometimes they remind me of a sportier new Beetle...and I hate those.

----------
"Ferrari isn't a car, it's a lifestyle"
-Enzo Ferrari.
enzo@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 07:57 PM   #3
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
haha, enzo, u replied to this??
i posted this because we're testing for something new right now. since we will switch bulletin boards pretty soon...

----------
I've seen the future, and all I can say is go back....
igor@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 06:46 PM   #4
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Arrow WANT TO RACE THE TT >

I was driving on the Maine Turnpike this summer in my Acura with a couple buddies of mine, and a 225-horse TT came up on me, some rich guy with his top down who obviously thought he owned the road as well as everything on it, including my Acura. I was so ready to race this guy (and I think beat him!), but my friends were not having any of it as they were in the car with me, it was a crowded day on a highway that is only two lanes each direction, and it is generally not a great place to speed or race. So, I wound up having to let him just go about his ways and me mine.

The Audi TT has been sitting very high on my list of cars to race (even higher than the Boxster) ever since!
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 03:03 PM   #5
fortyoz2eric
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to fortyoz2eric
titty BOVs

hey this one time i read that you can't put blow off valves on TTs...anybody know why?
Old 12-13-2001, 04:42 PM   #6
CaRz_R_aMaSiNg
Banned

this car rulez so much.
CaRz_R_aMaSiNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 11:40 AM   #7
quattroadvantage
AF Newbie

Re: WANT TO RACE THE TT >

Quote:
Originally posted by JD@af
I was driving on the Maine Turnpike this summer in my Acura with a couple buddies of mine, and a 225-horse TT came up on me, some rich guy with his top down who obviously thought he owned the road as well as everything on it, including my Acura. I was so ready to race this guy (and I think beat him!), but my friends were not having any of it as they were in the car with me, it was a crowded day on a highway that is only two lanes each direction, and it is generally not a great place to speed or race. So, I wound up having to let him just go about his ways and me mine.

The Audi TT has been sitting very high on my list of cars to race (even higher than the Boxster) ever since!

Good thing you didnt street race at teh time. But a little fair warning...you woulndt win. Especialy if it was a 225, even more so if it was chipped.
quattroadvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 02:42 PM   #8
JD@af
Missing in action

Re: Re: WANT TO RACE THE TT >

Quote:
Originally posted by quattroadvantage

Good thing you didnt street race at teh time. But a little fair warning...you woulndt win. Especialy if it was a 225, even more so if it was chipped.
I kind of doubt that. My Acura has more HP than his 225, and a lot less weight to move around, maybe even with the weight penalties of my two friends. And while from a standing start he has a huge advantage with his Quattro and better low end torque, starting at highway speeds those factors don't give you quite as much of an advantage. My car will make much more top end power to help push ahead as the rpms rise.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:08 AM   #9
Deakins
AF Enthusiast

I'd wip your ass with my car - http://www.pedalpumping.org/~need4sp..._bimoto371.mov -

I wish...
Old 12-16-2002, 02:01 PM   #10
quattroadvantage
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: WANT TO RACE THE TT >

Quote:
I kind of doubt that. My Acura has more HP than his 225, and a lot less weight to move around, maybe even with the weight penalties of my two friends. And while from a standing start he has a huge advantage with his Quattro and better low end torque, starting at highway speeds those factors don't give you quite as much of an advantage. My car will make much more top end power to help push ahead as the rpms rise.
I highly doubt this. Not knowing if your 1994 GS-R is stock or not, lets compare stock to stock...

The GS-R stock only makes 170hp at 7600rpm (its max)
The TT Stock makes 225 hp at 5900rpm(with 1300 rpm to go maintaining this power)

The GS-R stock puts out 128 lbs/ft at 6200rpm
The TT stock puts out 207 lbs/ft at 2200rpm, maintaining that level of torque until 5700rpm.

Power to Weight GS-R = 15.68lbs/hp GS-R = 20.83lbs/lbs torque
TT = 14.55lbs/hp TT = 15.81lbs/lbs torque

So with all that in mind, your arguement that the GS-R has higher top end power is wrong, as the TT not only maintains a greater low in power over the GSR, but maintains it to an advantage in the top end. That plus the weight advantage argument shows how innacurate your claims are.

Now...I am assuming you would respond with the typical answer that your not stock. I would then tell you to find a modded TT which, most likely would still beat you. It doesnt take much $ to get the TT to 300hp and 270lbs torque with 2-3 very simple inexpensive mods
Old 12-16-2002, 06:29 PM   #11
JD@af
Missing in action

Re: Re: Re: Re: WANT TO RACE THE TT >

Quote:
Originally posted by quattroadvantage

I highly doubt this. Not knowing if your 1994 GS-R is stock or not, lets compare stock to stock...

The GS-R stock only makes 170hp at 7600rpm (its max)
The TT Stock makes 225 hp at 5900rpm(with 1300 rpm to go maintaining this power)

The GS-R stock puts out 128 lbs/ft at 6200rpm
The TT stock puts out 207 lbs/ft at 2200rpm, maintaining that level of torque until 5700rpm.

Power to Weight GS-R = 15.68lbs/hp GS-R = 20.83lbs/lbs torque
TT = 14.55lbs/hp TT = 15.81lbs/lbs torque

So with all that in mind, your arguement that the GS-R has higher top end power is wrong, as the TT not only maintains a greater low in power over the GSR, but maintains it to an advantage in the top end. That plus the weight advantage argument shows how innacurate your claims are.

Now...I am assuming you would respond with the typical answer that your not stock. I would then tell you to find a modded TT which, most likely would still beat you. It doesnt take much $ to get the TT to 300hp and 270lbs torque with 2-3 very simple inexpensive mods
You guessed it: far from stock.

1994 Integra GS-R sedan
JDM B16A block with Golden Eagle ductile iron sleeves
JDM B16A head with Crower “turbo” springs and titanium retainers, supercharger-specific porting by Benson Performance Machine
JDM B16A crankshaft with micropolishing
Eagle/Endyn forged steel H-beam rods
Wiseco/Endyn 9.3:1 compression forged aluminum pistons (0.5 mm overbore)
Moroso oil pan
Holley 68 mm throttle body
AEM fuel rail
RC 310 cc/min injectors
Cartech 20007 FMU
MSD 6AL ignition
Endyn-modified JRSC
B18C1 transmission with Quaife limited slip differential
Clutch Masters lightened aluminum flywheel
Clutch Masters Stage 1 pressure plate
ACT six-puck clutch

Yet to go in are the Endyn-modified Bosch fuel pump, a Hi-Tech header and custom 3" exhaust system, and a Motec engine management system.

I'll agree with you, that a heavily modded TT would possibly still beat me. However, this was shortly after the 225 hp TT was first released. I am sticking to my story that this was probably a factory car, and that I probably would have won

Besides, what kind of 1320's are those 300 hp TT's running anyway? Maybe they kick ass at the drags, but I haven't heard much about them. And what AWD systems make up in traction, they usually lose in actual wheel horse power. A 170 hp GS-R can usually put 151 hp to the wheels. Off-hand, I know that an AWD WRX puts only about 161 of its 227 crank horses to the pavement (perhaps comparing the AWD drivetrain efficiency of a WRX to that of a TT is apples and oranges, but off-hand its the best I can do).
Old 12-17-2002, 12:18 PM   #12
quattroadvantage
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WANT TO RACE THE TT >

Quote:
You guessed it: far from stock.

1994 Integra GS-R sedan
JDM B16A block with Golden Eagle ductile iron sleeves
JDM B16A head with Crower “turbo” springs and titanium retainers, supercharger-specific porting by Benson Performance Machine
JDM B16A crankshaft with micropolishing
Eagle/Endyn forged steel H-beam rods
Wiseco/Endyn 9.3:1 compression forged aluminum pistons (0.5 mm overbore)
Moroso oil pan
Holley 68 mm throttle body
AEM fuel rail
RC 310 cc/min injectors
Cartech 20007 FMU
MSD 6AL ignition
Endyn-modified JRSC
B18C1 transmission with Quaife limited slip differential
Clutch Masters lightened aluminum flywheel
Clutch Masters Stage 1 pressure plate
ACT six-puck clutch

Yet to go in are the Endyn-modified Bosch fuel pump, a Hi-Tech header and custom 3" exhaust system, and a Motec engine management system.

I'll agree with you, that a heavily modded TT would possibly still beat me. However, this was shortly after the 225 hp TT was first released. I am sticking to my story that this was probably a factory car, and that I probably would have won

Besides, what kind of 1320's are those 300 hp TT's running anyway? Maybe they kick ass at the drags, but I haven't heard much about them. And what AWD systems make up in traction, they usually lose in actual wheel horse power. A 170 hp GS-R can usually put 151 hp to the wheels. Off-hand, I know that an AWD WRX puts only about 161 of its 227 crank horses to the pavement (perhaps comparing the AWD drivetrain efficiency of a WRX to that of a TT is apples and oranges, but off-hand its the best I can do).
Well , when you post an issue of stock vs non stock, the argument is irrelevant. Although I will admit that is it still fun..as I am guilty many of times taking my non stock tt against others that I dont know to be stock or not. Anyways, to answer your question regarding 1320's, I wouldnt knwo the times, I dont know many that do it in the TT, we mainly stick to road coarse rally's, etc. Although some chic claimed, with a slip that she was running mid 13's in the 1/4 on a stock...but thats just one person. Simple mods ont e TT bring it to 300hp, if you take as much as you spent and applied the same to a TT you would have a whole lot more gain in power etc..you can get the TT with the stock transmission/quattro to 5-600, but of course, it will cost ya.

AS far as the AWD(quattro) system, it holds traction very well. The TT doesnt assume as much loss of power transfer as say the WRX as it has a Passive AWD system, allowing the transfer of power when needed, but mainly put only to 2 wheels, unless slip occurs. Although the system can also be reprogrammed to make it a pure active awd to all 4 wheels or even a rwd setup.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:03 PM   #13
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
quattroadvantage,

Could you beat my R32 GTR? I have a boost controller 15psi, exhaust, R34 steel turbos, K&N Air Pods, Blitz I/C, and Tein Coil Overs. I figure the car is putting out 325 to the ground.

I ask because there is some guy that swears his TT will smoke my R32. You know a lot more about the TT than I do, so I pose the question to you.

Tony

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
SkylineUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 02:13 PM   #14
quattroadvantage
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by SkylineUSA
quattroadvantage,

Could you beat my R32 GTR? I have a boost controller 15psi, exhaust, R34 steel turbos, K&N Air Pods, Blitz I/C, and Tein Coil Overs. I figure the car is putting out 325 to the ground.

I ask because there is some guy that swears his TT will smoke my R32. You know a lot more about the TT than I do, so I pose the question to you.

Tony
Tony,

It would be hard to say, equaly powered then the variable is the driver, but the Quatttro system has the limited advantage in certain enviroments. Stock TT vs what you have..the obviousl answer is no, unless your driving capabilities are sub par compared to the person driving the TT. The TT can easily be modded to 300+ on the 225 version, but a lot of other cars can also be easily modded. If you get into heavy mods the 180 TT has been dyno'd to get 320-300, but thats a serious infusion of mods (3-4k not including labor), The 225 TT with the same infusion of mods is getting near the 350-375 mark with the AWD. Of course if you want to go all out on the TT, you could go to DTM or Autohause and hav them bore the litlte 1.8 into a 2.0 with other turbo additions giving it an easy 600whp which the stock tranny and AWD system is rated at handling, anything over that would reqiure upgrads in that area all of which is going to cost $$$$ almost as much as the car istself.

You say you estimate the power of your R32, the numbers I gave have been dyno'd proven. Does the guy you know have any mods. The TT can hold boost up to 25psi with an easy 100$ Diverter valve upgrade, stock it runs around 18psi. It can run higher then 25 or 1.5 bar but that would require additional mods to not have the stock ecu shut the car down and put it into limp mode.

Of course, I'm not saying you cant do all this with any other car....as always the dependant variable is how much $ you have to blow.
Old 01-29-2003, 04:06 PM   #15
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
This guy that owns the TT is a moron. I really doubt if he knows how to preload. As for mods on his car, I really think he has a basic TT.

Thanks for the insight though. But. like any car with enough $ you can make a beast.

I can bang gears with the best of them, I have a Supercharger Stang that runs high 11's.

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
SkylineUSA is offline   Reply With Quote