Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
niccaleb112602
AF Newbie

97 Intrepid

Ok heres the problem. Girlfriend started car and started down the road. Battery light came on. She brought it back to me and I found the teminals were loose. I cleaned them and retightened them. Again she left down the road no problem. Made a stop at a store. Got back in started car and the Batt light came back on. She drove it home. I didnt notice any loose wires coming from alternator to battery and grounds were good. My only other suspicion is the PCM being that it also holds the voltage regulator. But now it was drove to work and everything was a-ok. Any suggestions? When light is out it is 14volts light on its 12.6 "battery voltage"
niccaleb112602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #2
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Re: 97 Intrepid

Quote:
Originally Posted by niccaleb112602
Ok heres the problem. Girlfriend started car and started down the road. Battery light came on. She brought it back to me and I found the teminals were loose. I cleaned them and retightened them. Again she left down the road no problem. Made a stop at a store. Got back in started car and the Batt light came back on. She drove it home. I didnt notice any loose wires coming from alternator to battery and grounds were good. My only other suspicion is the PCM being that it also holds the voltage regulator. But now it was drove to work and everything was a-ok. Any suggestions? When light is out it is 14volts light on its 12.6 "battery voltage"
According to this site:
http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us...rInfoPages.htm

Check for codes, according to above site you should have a code for faulty regulator. Post back code. Autozone or other parts stores will test for free.

Hope this helps
tempfixit is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid