Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
Patth9
AF Newbie

1997 LeSabre needs CB connected, how?

I have a Midland International CB Radio, Model 77-101B unit manufactured in 1978 and last used in 1995 (not handheld); I'd like to connect it up in my 1997 LeSabre. The fuse box use to be easy to find in a car, but now how do I get to the fuses to connect the fuse? Of course, I'm assuming the plug-in that looks like a T with it's right an left arms slanting down with two hollow posts go into the fuse box. It's got to get power from somewhere, right?

Should anyone have a clue as to what I'm talking about, I would also like to know how I bring the antenna into the car to be connected to the the CB box?

I'm not asking much, hum???

Any light that can be shed on these questions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Patt
Patth9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 02:59 PM   #2
Gocart879
AF Regular

hello, locate your fuse box and if GM kept things the same i wired mine to the turn signal fuse, it should be 25amp. just take the fuse out, shove the positive lead wire into the fuse area and place the fuse back in. using the turn signal switch, it will kill the power when u turn your ign off. so u dont need to use the power on/off. as for the antenna. locate a section of firewall where your ecm wires go to your dash. sneek it in there.
Gocart879 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre