Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 11:18 PM   #1
|Crash|
AF Newbie

How To Get Back at that Dealership

(Let me precurse this post by saying I originally posted this on a Chrysler Pacifica Forum. Keep in mind this will work with any make of vehicle since JD Power sends these survey's out for MOST dealerships)

Alright, so you've read your Alt. vehicle service contract and you KNOW you are entitled to a comparable vehicle, and this Jim Bob's 5-star Chrysler Dealership is telling you they will give you a neon, otherwise f* off.

What should you do?

Should you say "forget it" and go down the street to another Dealership? Not completely.

If you'd REALLY like to get a dealership back for treating you poorly there are ways you can do it. But I feel the best way is this.

Let the dealership service your vehicle, now this SOUNDS kind of crummy, but think about it. As a 5-star dealer Chrysler will send you one of those surveys. Now most people don't realize how important these are. While they aren't life threatening for the dealership there IS a reason they council you on how you shouldn't return the survey if there are ANY areas that aren't rated high, they want to know and they want to fix it. EVERY TIME a dealership gets a poor rating things get looked at, and if enough of these happen they can loose their rating.

Personally, I am going with #2 option on my problem with my new Pac. I am going to let them service it (if there is a problem AFTER that I'll take it to another better dealership and let them fix it under warranty) but as soon as they fix it and go to council me on the survey I will let them know they have lost me as a customer and I will enjoy filling it out
Old 04-13-2005, 07:46 AM   #2
tom3
AF Enthusiast

Re: How To Get Back at that Dealership

Might work for DC as they do seem to at least try to please their customers, but (at least in my experiences) lately GM could care less. Get you in, get you out with the cheapest non-repair possible, no loaner car at all if possible, no follow ups. I'd guess their current sales declines are a pretty good indication of their reductions in service/warranty repairs. I'd suggest having a chat with your service manager and I'd bet you'll walk away satisfied in the end.
tom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:37 PM   #3
proudfordowner
AF Enthusiast

ya i could work but thats preaty funny

my h3 hummer rulez!!

VISIT MY CAR ROOM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=521391
proudfordowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:58 PM   #4
techspecs
AF Newbie

A lot of dealers are judged by those surveys. Too many bad ones and that dealer could lose their 5-star rating. A tactful conversation with the service manager beforehand could yield better results. Don't ever mention that you will slam them on a survey, because the dealer could have "ways" to redirect that survey to an employee to fill out.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:27 PM   #5
bm2boats
AF Regular

Demand to talk to the Owner of the Dealership. Call him on the phone, or knock on his door. Or you can Call the regional rep. This will stir the pot. Or, #3, Fire bomb the dealershipLOL. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Don't do #3, it was only a joke.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences