Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 09:00 AM   #1
homefree
AF Regular

Talking New SRT-4 owner with some ?????'s

First, what type of oil do you use? I was reading the manual and it said to use mobile-one syn 5-30, i'm just wondering if thats what the car has in it right from the factory????

Second, I was thinking about lowering it, but what will that do to the handling of the car and what brand of springs would i be looking for???

Third, this dam think really rips, it's a 2004 model and i've read a lot about the chip but what one would mine have in it from the factory???

Fourth, can a person put a after market cruse control on it or maybe a factory one???I have a hard time keeping this thing from going over the speed limit..The wife said one ticket and it gets taken away...

I have read a lot on here where people cut these cars down and all I have to say is-- if you don't like them thats because you haven't drove one.... I've owned a Mustang GT, Trans am , Monte carlo SS and none of them have even come close to what this car has for rip...
homefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:35 PM   #2
Musashi3000GT
AF Enthusiast

Oil wise, yes the manual is telling you what oil the car has and also what it uses. stick to the manual unless you live in a state which is crazy hot you might want to compensate for that by changing oil weight.

As for the suspension, dropping it will increase handeling, defenetly need that! get the best springs for it, Eibac, Tein whatever, just change the suspension right away. the car hauls but it cant handle for shit, trust me I had one and I totaled the crap out of it cause handleing sucks ass......but it can be fixed.

Chip, stick to Mopar products man.

Speed, put a picture of your wife in the cluster. thats the only way to have self control. dont go making up silly ideas about ghetto rigging cruise controls.

Does it rip? hell yes. its a monster. just about the only cars you have to watch out for are Evos and STI's
also, take it easy untill the motor breaks in, you dont wanna loose horsepower at the end of you break in period.
Musashi3000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:12 PM   #3
srt4girl2
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to srt4girl2
Re: New SRT-4 owner with some ?????'s

i agree with everything musashi said except the "evo and sti" part...unless your srt is TOTALLY stock
Old 06-29-2004, 07:17 PM   #4
BleedDodge
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to BleedDodge

It came from the Earth, so therefore it can handle diesel oil. That's all you should use in anything.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:15 PM   #5
FuriousMachine95
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FuriousMachine95

Don't waste your money on a chip. It won't do you any good. The stock ecu is already 10 times smarter than any chip you could get. If you want to up your numbers with computer get a stage one ecu, or go and get the stage 2 kit. You won't be sorry either way. Oh, and since you are new, you should go to srtforums.com That site is 500% better for srt info than this place..... mods, drag, performance info, you name it, it's got it. I personally think this car handels pretty darn good. It could use somewhat of a stiffer suspension, but that can be fixed with some strutt tower bars. 40 or 50 bucks a piece and that will help you out alot. They will improve your cornering like you would't believe. If you are just starting out, you should first work on intake and exhaust. Getting 3 inches on both ends will give you anywhere from 20-40 hp. Upgrade to stage one ecu, that will be good for about 15 hp or so, or stage 2 if you want lots of go. Upgrade your plug wires. I would get the MSD wires. They are 8mm wires, are rated for higher temps, and have 90 degree boots that will help keep the #4 wire from getting too hot and going bad within 1500 miles. Get prothane motor mounts too. They are about the best you can get and will reduce wheel hop and reduce your chances of ruining your axels. It probably wouldn't hurt to drop it a little too. That will also reduce wheel hop and help traction a little. After you get stage 1 or 2, get a waste gate actuater and boost controller. I think stage 2 has both. You should also think about getting a turbo timer. It will help elongate the life of the turbo. Good luck with the new srt man. You will enjoy it!!!!
Old 07-03-2004, 02:24 PM   #6
homefree
AF Regular

Thanks for answering my questions, I think the first thing i'm going to do is lower it with a set of pro eibach springs and change plug wires, I did notice that they were lose at the plugs (CHEAP). I'm also going to be looking at differnt wheels not sure what kind yet thou.. I don't think that i will be doing much to the motor because i only drive it back and forth to work witch is like 70 miles round trip and i know there is nothing around here that will touch it anyways.
Thank again every body see you at srtfourms
homefree is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon