Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
BullDog71ss
AF Enthusiast

GT/CS vs. NSX

I didn't actually have anything to do with this race, but since it's my damn car I'm posting it anyway.

So my g/f had been taking my Mustang to work for a week or so because the tags and plate on her Altima were a month late from the dealer. She's been seeing this girl in a mid 90's NSX almost every day that happens to take the same route on the highway at the same time my g/f does and finally got an open stretch of highway to mess around. She didn't think she could get the other girl to bite because the other chick is pretty snobby looking and in her 30's or so. But I guess after pacing the NSX for a little while the other girl thought she'd teach my g/f a lesson, so she hammered it in hopes of smoking the GT.

...bad idea. My g/f was already waiting in 3rd and was doing around 55 when the NSX gunned it and quickly took off in pursuit. She caught the Acura almost instantly and put some distance on it. She carried 3rd all the way to the 6,600 rpm redline which got her to about 105-106 mph and had almost 3 full lengths. After that she was extremely impressed with the new CAI and Tuner package and totally happy that I bought it (she bitched about the 600 I spent on it when I first bought it).

After the run was over she was also surprised that the other girl caught back up to her to give her a smile and a wave. Which I thought was pretty cool as well.

So that's like number 5 race my g/f has had in my car, without me in it and I've had a total of zero races in the last 5 months or so.

2002 GMC Seirra 2500 HD 6.0
Mods-LQ9 engine, Custom 3" Magnaflow Exhaust, trailer brake controller, Hi-flow cats, Flowtech headers
2007 Mustang GT/CS
Mods-Vinyl stripes, int/ext aluminium trim, Billet shorty antenna, Hurst short shifter, BBK cai, Brenspeed 91 tune, Pypes o/r H-pipe, Billet hood pins
1971 Camaro SS 5.7 <-- Under construction
BullDog71ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan
Re: GT/CS vs. NSX

$600 and shes bitching? Shit, for my car JUST the tuner cost $600, and to run anything other than a stock OTS map, screw that. Tell your girl good kill!
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
BullDog71ss
AF Enthusiast

What I have is more or less a set of three custom tunes stored in my sct3 tuner. It's about 98% as good as a full on dyno tune, for a fraction of the cost.

The tuner plus the cai on the 91 tune is worth 25-30 rwhp...that's a killer deal for 600 even I'd say.

Mods-LQ9 engine, Custom 3" Magnaflow Exhaust, trailer brake controller, Hi-flow cats, Flowtech headers
2007 Mustang GT/CS
Mods-Vinyl stripes, int/ext aluminium trim, Billet shorty antenna, Hurst short shifter, BBK cai, Brenspeed 91 tune, Pypes o/r H-pipe, Billet hood pins
Old 06-28-2008, 02:18 AM   #4
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MZR_47

damn, wish I had a woman who could drive like that. Most I have met cant even drive stick :/ or know what that crazy whine coming from my engine is. They think its broken..

Good kill for the lady, thats pretty epic if you ask me.

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
MZR_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #5
UnderEstimate Me
AF Enthusiast

I pretty much had to pull teeth to get my girlfriend to learn how to drive stick. But at least she knows how to now.

2005 Neon

Stage 1 PCM l K&N CAI l Mopar rice plate l 3'' TBE l Spring mod l PB shift knob l Mopar strut bars F&R l ACR sways l Tokico Shocks/ Tein Springs l Ricey wing removal l JMB Catch Can l QW FMIC l Autometer WB l Diablosport Predator
UnderEstimate Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:24 PM   #6
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Yeah, Keri is pretty badass.

I <3 her. hahah...

What is NOT cool, is when my phone rings and it shows up as her name and I answer it... and it's your voice on the other end. Always creeps me out!!!

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:17 AM   #7
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog71ss
So my g/f had been taking my Mustang to work for a week or so because the tags and plate on her Altima were a month late from the dealer. She's been seeing this girl in a mid 90's NSX almost every day...
This is the point where I stopped. I figured the rest of the story was better left unread and could only hope your GF and this gal continue to see each other...

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

Mid 90's NSX isn't much of a runner. If they had taken the race over 130 mph, it might have ended differently. Most novices might make the mistake of short shifting the NSX. You've got to run it into the red or you will fall out of the powerband. this goes for pretty much any honda.
2005 Nissan Frontier ext cab 4x4 4.0L-Sold
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500r-Sold
2004 Yamaha FZ1 Silver/Black- Sold
2008 Mazdaspeed 3-In the driveway
lamehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #9
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Quote:
What I have is more or less a set of three custom tunes stored in my sct3 tuner. It's about 98% as good as a full on dyno tune, for a fraction of the cost.

The tuner plus the cai on the 91 tune is worth 25-30 rwhp...that's a killer deal for 600 even I'd say.
Lucky bastard...

I wish someone would take interest in my car.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #10
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

yeah i feel bad for you cassies. I have more options on a stage 2 tune alone than i can count.

Hondas have a powerband? i thought that Hondas just made lots of noise...

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
Old 06-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #11
BullDog71ss
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Stig-
Yeah, Keri is pretty badass.

I <3 her. hahah...

What is NOT cool, is when my phone rings and it shows up as her name and I answer it... and it's your voice on the other end. Always creeps me out!!!

You know you like meh sexy voice on your phone, Matty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamehonda
Mid 90's NSX isn't much of a runner. If they had taken the race over 130 mph, it might have ended differently. Most novices might make the mistake of short shifting the NSX. You've got to run it into the red or you will fall out of the powerband. this goes for pretty much any honda.

I know this already, I've taken down a modded nsx back when I had my Cobalt. It was much closer, but I still won. For the money they don't give you much in straight line speed, but I suppose the handling makes up for some of that...still not worth 70k though imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
Lucky bastard...

I wish someone would take interest in my car.
Buy a Mustang maybe? It doesnt even have a Ford badge anywhere...so it's really not all that embarrasing to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivRacer95
This is the point where I stopped. I figured the rest of the story was better left unread and could only hope your GF and this gal continue to see each other...

Wouldnt surprise me if she brought one home one of these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderEstimate Me
I pretty much had to pull teeth to get my girlfriend to learn how to drive stick. But at least she knows how to now.
Mine already had that talent when I found her. Which is good because teaching chicks to drive stick is slightly less painful then stabbing yourself in the junk.

2007 Mustang GT/CS
Old 06-30-2008, 12:36 AM   #12
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Mine already had that talent when I found her. Which is good because teaching chicks to drive stick is slightly less painful then stabbing yourself in the junk.
depends what instrument you use.

NSX isnt worth 70k, unless you get the one with the cute intake on the roof. THEN its worth 70k.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:49 AM   #13
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Quote:
Buy a Mustang maybe? It doesnt even have a Ford badge anywhere...so it's really not all that embarrasing to drive.
I need a small block V8. Its the only thing that will get me anywhere near what I want without having to build the shit out of a 2JZ. Although I never stopped wanting a Kenne Bell'd '04SVT...
Old 06-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #14
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

2JZ is the way to go. I have seen what that engine can do to a Ford Probe. 10.3 in the quarter or go with an SVT. Its just more fun to be boosted IMO.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #15
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZR_47
2JZ is the way to go. I have seen what that engine can do to a Ford Probe. 10.3 in the quarter or go with an SVT. Its just more fun to be boosted IMO.
SVT is boosted...Kenne Bell is the kind of blower
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing