Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
madscint2001
AF Newbie

2001 Spark plugs

How do I change spark plugs on 2001 Chevy Blazer? Is there a diagram to see where they are located?
madscint2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
ZL1power69
GM S-Series Mod

Re: 2001 Spark plugs

Welcome to the site. If you look through the wheel wells and lift up the inner fender flaps you will see the plugs, cylinders 1,3,5 on the drivers side and cylinders 2,4,6 on the passenger side. Remove the front wheels and a ratchet, extensions, and a spark plug socket are all you should need. If your truck is not a ZR2, you may have to unbolt the steering shaft (11mm bolt) and swing it up out of the way to remove the #3 plug (middle plug, driver's side). Remember to use anti-sease on the new plugs.
Exterior Mods: Just Right

1987 Buick Turbo T Dark Red
Low 11 sec sleeper
.030 4.1 block, PT6262E, & other odds and ends....
My Cardomain
ZL1power69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
madscint2001
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1power69
Welcome to the site. If you look through the wheel wells and lift up the inner fender flaps you will see the plugs, cylinders 1,3,5 on the drivers side and cylinders 2,4,6 on the passenger side. Remove the front wheels and a ratchet, extensions, and a spark plug socket are all you should need. If your truck is not a ZR2, you may have to unbolt the steering shaft (11mm bolt) and swing it up out of the way to remove the #3 plug (middle plug, driver's side). Remember to use anti-sease on the new plugs.
Thank you for the info.
madscint2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
sailorton08
AF Newbie

unbolt the steering shaft (11mm bolt) and swing it up out of the way to remove the #3 plug (middle plug, driver's side). Remember to use anti-sease on the new plugs.[/quote]

Thank you, so much I was going nuts trying to figure out a way to replace my #3 plug on 03 S-10 4X4... "unbolt the steering shaft" Life's good again!
sailorton08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
skyzend
AF Newbie

Careful when working around the steering shaft, as you could trigger the air bags ... I'd remove some fuses first just to be safe.

I've also heard of an alternative to unbolting the steering shaft is to unbolt the left side motor mount and tilt the engine (jack up one side) enough to get at the plug. Probably only needs to move 1-2 inches to get access.
skyzend is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis