Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
deliaann
AF Newbie

Question wiper linkage: help

1996 Rodeo S 3.2, the wipers quit working.. I determined it was the linkage because I could hear the motor working and something flopping around under the cowel.. I for the linkage disconected at the passenger side wiper. I can not see how this all goes together. At the end of the linkage I see a rubber rounded off bushing and can not contort myself well enought to begin to figure out where it goes. Has anyone ever had to do this repair, please share your SUCESSFULL EXPERIENCE with me. Thank you, Ann
deliaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:36 AM   #2
Canucklehead
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Canucklehead
Re: wiper linkage: help

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliaann
1996 Rodeo S 3.2, the wipers quit working.. I determined it was the linkage because I could hear the motor working and something flopping around under the cowel.. I for the linkage disconected at the passenger side wiper. I can not see how this all goes together. At the end of the linkage I see a rubber rounded off bushing and can not contort myself well enought to begin to figure out where it goes. Has anyone ever had to do this repair, please share your SUCESSFULL EXPERIENCE with me. Thank you, Ann
The passenger's side wiper is connected to the wiper motor by one part of the linkage, then the driver's side connects to the passenger's side. They are attched to the actual wiperpivot by a ball and socket joint type of setup. The ball is on the wiper pivot and the socket is on the linkage (the passenger's side has another ball on it that the driver's side linkage snaps onto). The sockets will wear out with age and may eventually pop off. You may be able to get it to snap back on but chances are it won't stay on very long. The good news is that unlike 1998 and newer Rodeos you can replace the individual linkage parts.

Last edited by Canucklehead; 01-23-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:20 PM   #3
deliaann
AF Newbie

Cool Re: wiper linkage: help

I went to the Honda dealer today since we have no Isuzu dealer and ordered the arm with that plastic nuckle fitting on it... thank for your reply Steve... just praying for clear weather til Wednesday.. blessings and nemeste... Ann
deliaann is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU