Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 08:39 PM   #1
lxndr
AF -Advisor

1960 Cadillac for sale

I am selling my 1960 Cadillac 2 door Series 62 (same as DeVille except without power options). This car is running and is in great condition, though not perfect. It needs a little work but it is still presentable (I have had it in a couple of car shows). I have driven this car regularly for the last 3 years with no major problems. I have had the radiator rebuilt with an updated core and replaced the water pump and all hoses. I have rebuilt the carburetor and brakes (including master cylinder and booster) and had a new exhaust system installed. I have also replaced the generator with an alternator. I pulled off the cylinder heads in order to check on the condition of the engine and everything is fine. The car is 100% complete with good chrome and no major rust spots.

Now the bad stuff:
The interior is decent but was replaced in the '80's (probably) and is showing its age. The clearcoat on the roof is starting to get cloudy and there is one small scratch and dent in the rear quarter panel (about 4" long and 1/4" at the deepest). The front transmission seal is leaking a little and there is rust along the lower lip of the trunk seal. The spedometer gauge does not work but I do have a working replacement.

This car is a restorers dream! It would take very little effort to restore, although can be driven as is without emberrasment (EVERY TIME I drive this car someone yells "hey, nice car" and/or gives me a thumbs up!).

The reason that I have decided to sell this car is because I just don't need it anymore. I am starting my own furniture design business and I really need a delivery van more than I need a Cadillac.

3 years ago this car appraised at $9,000 (I still have the appraisal information) and that was before I started replacing and rebuilding parts.

I am only asking $7,500

Please contact me at lxndr@itookmyprozac.com or PM me.

Pictures are available if you are seriously interested.

Thank you!
lxndr is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion