Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 12:04 PM   #1
Kev
AF Newbie

Unhappy 96 (p-Reg) 2.2 Vtech Accord TUNING

:frog: Hi all
I have a 96 (p-reg) 4 door accord 2.2 vtech I am told it produces arround 150bhp(standard)is this true?
It feels as if its underpowered(its a big car really)I think it really needs 200 plus brake to make it perform well.
any way I am thinking of trying to get more power from the lump.
any suggestions??
Also thinking of traction control to start withI think this would perhaps im prove the standard cars performance!!( stop wasting all the power on take offs) £80 odd pound for a trye here!!!
I quite fancy lowering the car and fitting a body kit( any one know where I could get the necerssary???
I know this wont inprove the performance but I m a poser at heart!!
As far the engine mods go what gains can I expect from what mods?
By the way The engine has nearly 90 thousand miles on the clock is that to much to start tuning on? it sound a little knocky
as for power aims I was thinking of 250 bhpis this possible from my 96, 2.2 sohc ?
from what I can gather from other people an air filter exhuast and injectors seem a good starting point but I dont want to spend money if there is not enough of a gain in it.

Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 12:18 PM   #2
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
I believe the answer you search for as it pertains to websites can be found in the off topic forum.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?threadid=2658

This thread has a lot of websites to choose from.

I'm not sure about your other questions as you are in the UK. The states have undoubtedly less of everything you guys have(Which friggin' sucks!!). So tech questions I think you'll have to wait from someone here that is from there. But hope the sites help you.
Old 08-01-2001, 09:25 PM   #3
WickedLou9
AF Newbie

Anything is possible if you want to spend the money...

they have prelude engines ( 2.2L DOHC Vtec) running at 500 HP... of course it will cost you abotu 12-15,000 american dollars to do it.

You could always put a 100 shot of the Juice on there... but you willl need to have your engine rebuilt and strengthened.

you wont see much more than 30-40 HP gains if you do all the major bolt ons... ( Intake, Cat, Exhaust, Pulleys, cams etc.)
so you COULD see 200 HP at the flywheel if you spent alot of money on bolt on modifications...

You are probably better off having the engine rebuilt, and running a turbo... to get 250 HP... expect to pay somewhere around 4,000 US Dollars.
WickedLou9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 09:26 PM   #4
WickedLou9
AF Newbie

here is a website that I like to deal with... very good service.

http://www.modacar.com
Old 08-01-2001, 09:33 PM   #5
WickedLou9
AF Newbie

One more thing...

I have a 1991 Accord.

Unless you want to spend a "Bloody" lot of money.. the accord wont EVER be 'fast' in a straight line...

However.. it's a GREAT platform to build a good corner carver out of...

for instance.. on ym accord I have bigger, wider wheels with some nice DUnlop SP9000's on it.... Eibach Springs, Koni Shocks, ST Sway bars, Neuspees Upper front strut brace, Slotted brake rotors and carbon metallic pads.

I can crank through corners like nobody's business.. the car is now significantly faster in a corner than an AUdi A4...

I can even take my friends STOCK integra GSR in a corner...

I spent about 2000 on suspension upgrades. it was money well spent.