Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 10:27 PM   #1
IDE RaiD
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to IDE RaiD Send a message via AIM to IDE RaiD
Question camber kit with Pro-kit Eibach springs?

Hello fellow Accord owners. I must say that you pimps have some of the best looking cars I've ever seen. I hope to see more action in this forum soon. Keep it up!!! Alrighty, I have a question. Currently, my '94 Accord EX is ALL stock. Hopefully, with the help of you guys, I can change that. I wanna get some lowering springs...just drop it like 1-2" to improve cornering. Will I need a camber kit to accompany, for instance, the Pro-Kit lowering springs from Eibach? I mean, I've heard yes and no so I wanna be sure. I appreciate the help and I'll be looking forward to hearing your responses soon. Thnx again. RaiD.
-Euro Corners
IDE RaiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 11:14 PM   #2
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
No camber kit should be required for a 1" to 1.5" drop. If you go for the Eibach Sport Line kit (1.75" to 2.25" drop), you may want to check into getting a camber kit (you should definitely get an alignment with a drop this significant).

The most knowledgeable person at AF when it comes to suspension is texan. I'll see to it that he checks this thread and gives his seal of approval here.
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 12:54 AM   #3
texan
Writer Mod

Agreed, JD. One thing I would mention is that you should look into getting some performance shocks, springs without good shocks isn't going to make much difference if any in handling. I always recommend either Koni Yellows (aka Sports) or Bilstein HD or SP's, the SP's being better for more aggressive driving and/or lowering. The Bilstein's will be cheaper but are not adjustable, the Koni's cost a pretty penny but have the adjustability in rebound stiffness plus 3 position lower spring perches for additional lowering if that's your bag. If those shocks are from '94, it's getting near time to replace them anyways, might as well save yourself some installation money and do both at once. Hope this helps, peace.
Old 07-06-2001, 06:58 AM   #4
IDE RaiD
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to IDE RaiD Send a message via AIM to IDE RaiD
Hey guys, thnx you very much for your help. I believe they are the original shocks (I am the second owner) but they are still good. I did a little "shock test" but shaking the car from side to side and it recovers quite well. I even had 4 of my friends hop in the car with me and it still rode great. According to the Eibach FAQ, it states that their springs are designed specifically FOR stock shocks. The URL is below:

http://www.eibach.com/eps-faqs.htm

When it comes to springs, I've heard Eibach is best. As far as mods go, I would like to keep them modest. I'm not looking for hardcore performance parts, just something better than stock NOT costing an arm and a leg. If someone can provide a nice cost-performance solution, I'd appreciate it. Thnx for your help guys. More questions to come!!!

:sun:
-Euro Corners
IDE RaiD is offline   Reply With Quote