Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Commodore/VS/VT/VX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 02:15 AM   #1
surfermike
AF Newbie

setup a tacho in VN exec

where to start, in the beginning there was the words

VN commo wagon 90 type 1

have run LPG for a year with intermitent bugging problems, backfiring and stalling occassionally,sometimes feeling retarded?! i can live with probs so lonfg as cheap enough to run... but in last few weeks have stalled in main traffic and cannot start till cools down? . .
really f*%#@ng annoying i tell you ..lol

then runs really ruff with major injector noise then settles down, and off we go ( notice it seems to occur after some type of left turn or curve? . .pattern noticed but maybe related to extinct dinnosaurs.. not the problem at hand)

gas people never concede problen and just say nothing to do with gas system components...lol . .didnt do it b4 ?! . ..lmao.. but thats cool, i no stranger to shit happens and explanations via god not available....

i replced the control module other day although i had only 2 years back at about 200 k, and the coil pack and the crank sensor... got to kill this problem... lol

i have been having intermitent problems with code 44 and 45 problems, after code 42 disppeared EST?!

when on gas,above 80 kms usually the check lamp would light and go out under 70km, it would go out almost ewxactly 6 seconds after switching back to petrol, and then when switched back to gas would light 15 seconds, code 44 or 45

this was constant until i changed the coolant sensor yesterday

crash course in electronics, cleaned all earths, and things have improved since i replaced the oxy sensor and temp coolent sensor, but i still get intermitent code 44 ... or 45 , but sometimes below. since replacing the temp sensor it has become intermitent above 80 kms and below,

all is running better i feel, but trying to understand the relationships between these components, each time i take to gas people costs $150 for dynatune, feels good for about 20 mins , then back to normal.. wish i could could get info on the gas system so i coiuld make minor adjustements myself without being stung and never being satified..

using workshop manual it says to hold revs @ 1600 - 18000 rpm to do tests for the code flashing, so i thought!! damn it put in a tacho .... i asked the guy at store if the one i got was OK for VN... he said YEP! but my instincts say ask more questio s

i have wired in via the loom behind the instrument cluster, i show voltage across the gauge but no revs?

damn hot sweaty day to do it too ..... lol then no movement !! ahhhh

choice words available but not uttered

dash all back together so the family could get back from school but still no movement

i see someone else had similar problem in this forum, but no knowledge left...

last time i did a tacho was in my old bug, lol, i still have that one, 30 years old and going! the tacho that is .. not the bug

did i get a wrong type of tacho? are there different types for these new electronic contrivances? to run off the brown/red pulse wire coming from the control module? i wired in directly behind he connector in the cluster # 6 conn 1

not dumb but cannot overcome ignorance sometimes ...lol

cheers
mike

this turned out to be a novel... chukles
surfermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
dillza_69
AF Newbie

Re: setup a tacho in VN exec

If you are looking under the bonnet on you right hand side there will be a bunch of wires running down the side of the car over the wheel arch, in the top right corner where the wires turn the corner there is brown (I THINK) wire which is not connected to anything and is taped in with the rest of loom. This is the wire you need to use for the tacho

Hope this helps
dillza_69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Commodore/VS/VT/VX