Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
94LeBaron
AF Newbie

94 LeBaron ambient temp sensor issue I have Chrysler tech manuals need help understanding what they mean.

Alright here is the problem. My car has a display that shows the outside temp. It is wrong for sure because I am in PA and it it is telling me it is over 100 degrees farenheit. I actually have a service tech manual a dealer manual not the Haynes manual. It is telling me to check the G31 or G32 circuit. It mentions both circuits. How would I go about testing the circuits? Anyone actually know how to read a wiring diagram that could direct me to something that could explain it for me so I can actually make sense of it. The problem occurred after jumping the car. I hooked the positive cable to the battery and the negative to be a grounded on the bolt that comes through the front shock. What did I do wrong? It has never been a problem to jump a car for me until this. Do you think I fried it or you think something just happened to go bad at the same time? I already ordered a sensor but I want to be able to test the circuit just in case I just don't know how. Generally I just use the Haynes manuals for cars or Clymer's manuals for my old dirt bike. This is the first time I have ever had actual dealer manuals. I got them as a Christmas gift. As I can't find a Haynes manual for this car or Chilton. They are either out of print or just the local parts stores can not get them. Any tips on preventing this from happening again if I have to jump my car again? How should I ground it as I clearly was not right with this car.
94LeBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
94LeBaron
AF Newbie

Re: 94 LeBaron ambient temp sensor issue I have Chrysler tech manuals need help understanding what they mean.

problem solved. I believe that the temp sensor went bad and drained the battery and was messed up when I jumped the car. Nothing is shorted out. Tested all circuits and all test good. I just wanted to use that smiley for no reason. Just because I can.
94LeBaron is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > General Discussion