Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 03:30 PM   #1
MODIFIED_GSR
AF Regular

Exclamation Must get more power !!!!! Is Turbo needed?

wanted to gain some pull what mod would you guys suggest other than nitrous or a blower???

a friend of mine told me that 2L talon and eclipse blower systems will fit on a b18 series motors?

does anyone have a link that would inform me on what EXACTLYPARTS are needed to turbo cause i've done some research and found that some sites will carry different or half ass info.

Last edited by MODIFIED_GSR; 06-07-2005 at 05:11 PM.
MODIFIED_GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 01:03 AM   #2
alay9
AF Newbie

Re: Must get more power !!!!! Is Turbo needed?

Well we all want more power, the question is what are you will to do for it. Opportunity cost is the main thing to consider. The more power you want the more money it is going to cost you. First thing, if you are serious is a new ecu. I would recommend one that you could reporgram so you can change it when you add new mods. Cost, probably $300-500 for a nonprogrammable one and $1000-$1500 for a programmable one. You will see significant gains from that but also decreased gas milage. Now new camshafts are good. I read that you get 20 hp throught the entire rpm line on a certain vtec that they used. Camshafts cost about $550 and you will want new cam gears about $150, then you tune your car and would want to reprogram or change the ecu. Sadly, camshafts will change the idle of your car making it a little rougher and also you need more gas when you accelorate. But not to bad of problems with the power you get. Air intake may give you like 2-3 hp depending. Some say short, some say cold. I reccommend a modded iceman airbox with a K&N filter, you can get like 5-6 hp gain from that, truly the best, nothing compares, price about $250. It will make the engine soud a little louder, but not much. Also exaust. Replace whole exaust for about $600-$800, will give you 6-8 hp, will also get that loud annoying sound. If you can deal, some even like it, then that is a great start. Each of these upgrades build on each other and if you are truly serious then every upgrade you do in the future will benefit from this. Oh, also a light wieght fly wheel, like an extra $150 bucks, no extra labor when you are replacing the clutch which is when I recommend doing it. The engine will spool up faster which is great but it will also spool down faster so shifting changes a little bit. Synthetic fuel is also beneficial. Probably adds like one hp but it is good for you engine though I heard after 60,000 miles the damage is already done to the engine and synthetic won't do that much, but it is good maintenance to at least use semi synthitic oil. Sadly it is like twice the price of regular. Good luck. I have chosen not to mod my car at all due to costs and no return on your investment, enjoy the car now, an extra few hp doesn't do that much anway, I say invest the money instead. troweprice.com. It is the best trust me.
alay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:56 PM   #3
integrawhat
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to integrawhat
Re: must get more power !!!!!

are you a stock brocker or tuner just wanted to add that engines rev and turbos spool and what is synthetic fuel? it doesnt make sense to tell any body here to not mod there car cause thats why 99 percent of us are on here

darton 84mm MID's ls stroke 2.0l GS-R
pnp head with full skunk2 pro series valve train
and pro1 cams
custom divided top mount w/garrett gt4094r

not stoping till i hit 750hp to the wheels
this aint your mom's car so DONT F***ING TOUCH IT
integrawhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 01:04 PM   #4
iVteC_PoWeR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to iVteC_PoWeR
you want n/a or f/i?