Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Traffic Violations - U.S. only Discuss anything conerning speeding tickets and other traffic violations in the US.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 11:54 PM   #1
fastguy18
AF Regular

I Really Need Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so i was up at highway 100 in westallis,wi and i got pulled over for not having my lights on and to make a long story short i got one ticket for that=3points, for having too many people in my car=3points. And since that is my second ticket which means my points double im pretty sure i have my liscense taken away because i got a 4 point violation before that. Now is there anyway that i can fight these tickets and if so is there any chance that i can atleast get some of my points back. PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
fastguy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:39 PM   #2
91celicaFB
AF Regular

Re: I Really Need Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the lights on,,, how dark was it and what kind of car do you drive... A cop tried to pull some bullshit like this to my bud, but it was JUST getting dark and he had automatic lights... It was a celica. So if Toyota dont think its dark enough, then the cop's eyes are screwed up. Point being the company has done extensive research on how dark its supposed to be when the lights should turn. He took that to court and won.
About having too many people in the car, how old are you and where were you going, also, how many people in the car... mexipakin?
Anyways, you could say that you were going to a funeral if that fits the case.
But anyways, let me know the situation with moderate details and i might be able to help you out... I need help myself but i dunno cuz i got 3 tickets in less than 30 mins.
hope i helped you or gave you ideas.

"woah dude, thats the sickest bug i've ever seen!!"
~mustang gt dude that was just raped
91celicaFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:53 PM   #3
fastguy18
AF Regular

it was about 1030 at night and the kind of car is a 1992 mazda mx3 i had 2 people in the car when im only supposed to have one and i was just driving around.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:17 PM   #4
Mustangman25
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mustangman25

10:30 is way too late to be driving around without lights no matter where you live. Good luck beating that one.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:12 PM   #5
fastguy18
AF Regular

in know that i dont have a chance about getting the headlight one taken down i just want the violation of restriction one taken down which was 1 to many passengers, in my eyes i think it is more dangerous and idiotic to not have headlights on thAT late than it is to have too many passengers in my car.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM   #6
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

so wouldn't it make it doubly stupid to be driving without lights AND have too many passengers?
if they were separate cases you might have an argument but well, they're not.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:56 PM   #7
fastguy18
AF Regular

yeah i know so i guess im just going to be honest and hope to hell that the judge is having a fucking fantastic day. My court date is set for june27, iam nervous as all hell about it. But oh well im the one who screwed up.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:10 PM   #8
ct91rs
AF Enthusiast

fastguy, i used to cruise that same road when I was a bit younger. I guess that you have noticed that the cops moniter it pretty heavily. Not to knock you down to much, but your chances of getting the tickets dropped are pretty slim.

Now, you say that you already have a prior offense that took off four points, and now two at three points apiece? I'm assuming that you are have a probationary license, hence the doubling of points. Normally if you go to court, your first appearance you wiil want to enter a plea of not-guilty, even if you are. This will give you a chance to meet with the assistant district attorney (ADA) at a later date. At this meeting, you can explain your side of what happened, and usually get the points reduced, but expect to pay the same fine.

With your case though, even if you get your points reduced to two instead of three on both tickets, you will still lose your liscense, unless you have regained some of the points from your previous four point violation.

Although this isn't a terribly serious matter, and it will be more costly, you may want to talk to a lawyer. They tend to have more sway and negotiating power with the ADA's, and just might enable you to keep your license.

whatever you decide, don't just pay the fine. go to court and your almost guaranteed to get something reduced.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:25 PM   #9
Mustangman25
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mustangman25

Also, check out to see if you can take a defensive driving class to get rid of some of those previous points. That might help...the class is boring as hell, and the average age of the one I went to was about 65, but I got an insurance reduction, and it will help with points.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #10
fastguy18
AF Regular

i would like to talk to a lawyer about this but my damn step dad said no because they cost way too much money and its not worth it and i am at the most hoping to get i ticket dropped and just double the other one cause then i will get to keep my liscense. but if i dont get at least 1 ticket doubled i do lose it and then i won't be able to take a point reduction class.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:34 PM   #11
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Turn your lights on @ night. How hard is it?

As far as the # of people in your car, does your license state you can only have 1 passenger?
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:36 PM   #12
Mjollnir
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastguy18
Ok so i was up at highway 100 in westallis,wi and i got pulled over for not having my lights on and to make a long story short i got one ticket for that=3points, for having too many people in my car=3points. And since that is my second ticket which means my points double im pretty sure i have my liscense taken away because i got a 4 point violation before that. Now is there anyway that i can fight these tickets and if so is there any chance that i can atleast get some of my points back. PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
What state are you in? I'm a LEO in CA, and it sounds like you've got a record that justifies yanking your license for at least 6months.

Don't fight the tickets. Do yourself a favor and learn why your driving resulted in you getting them in the first place.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:45 PM   #13
fastguy18
AF Regular

Cool

i just went to see an attorney today and he said he will see if he can get one ticket dropped and if he can't do that then he will wait a while to enter a not guilty plea so i can go to a point reduction school so he said either way i can keep my liscense! :
Old 06-24-2005, 04:54 PM   #14
CashMoneyInd
AF Regular

Honestly, you dont deserve to keep your license. It's people like you that make me feel unsafe driving on the road.
CashMoneyInd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:07 AM   #15
INF3RN0666
AF Regular

It's pricks like "CashMoneyInd" that piss me off because they do not post helpful comments, even though the initial post states that he admits to making a mistake. You don't have to make matters worse, because your opinion is worth shit in my eyes.

Now on to a better topic. If there's one thing I've learnt from sitting in court for 2 hours, it's that the law is like thin aluminum. It's very flexible, and often warps under intense heat. I've seen people driving around without a liscence or insurance that got off with paying $1000. One guy was a 3rd time repeat offender of driving on a suspended liscence, and his fine was $2000, but his liscence will be reinstated in 6 months from now (like WTF is up with that?). What I learnt is that if you have money, you're set for life. Points will most likely be reduced as long as you plead not guilty. They cannot prove that your are guilty without a shadow of a doubt. It's your word against some low life of a cop (There are good cops, but they are rare :P). The judge knows that cops have quotas they must meet, so he will take that into account. If you enter a plea bargain with the ADA, then you will end up paying a fine of some sort, but have the points removed. They will probably interview you and decide wether you get to keep your liscence or not, but that's after you gain a shit load of points.
INF3RN0666 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only