Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > G-Class
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 10:15 AM   #1
Ando_Rules
AF Enthusiast

no offense but...

the G-class sucks. sorry to say that but its what i think if anyonelikes them dont take this hard
Ando_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:47 AM   #2
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonZX
the G class is not the most visually appealing automobile, but it is a nice vehicle. Don't come in her puting down a vehicle, which you will probably never own, and talk $hit about it.

R.I.P. "Mama (my Z)" . . . But now we have the VR-4 #683/2000
"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
-Tenacious D(Jack BLack)-
"Official Moron Crew Founder!"
DemonZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 05:57 PM   #3
DB7NSX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DB7NSX
Thumbs down wow, thats all i have to say...

well, apparentely you have never researched and/or driven a G500. Not only the fact that they're HAND-BUILT in Austria, but that the car is just so strong and practical, that i can think of another more practical luxury truck on the market..other then the Cadillac EXT. go drive a G500...then let me know...
Old 05-04-2003, 11:59 PM   #4
zyajzarc
AF Enthusiast

wait.. letz see what the purpose for the G class was.... that's right... it was build as a military class vehicle... here's a pic to prove it

zyajzarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:03 AM   #5
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC
i don't find their looks appealing...but guess that when u build a military vehicle u don't go 4 looks...just loke the hummer and lamborghini suv.....but they'll probably outlast any suv put out on the road....jsut maintenace will kill u
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
BLU CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:23 PM   #6
db6
AF Regular

I think the G-Class is a great car. Thats all.
db6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 12:02 PM   #7
Mercedes-Diecast
AF Newbie

Re: no offense but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ando_Rules
the G-class sucks. sorry to say that but its what i think if anyonelikes them dont take this hard
I agree with that! The body style is almost the same for over 25 years now, its oldfashion! But only Mercedes-Benz is capable of producing the best all terrain vehicle in the world for almost a quarter of a century.
Mercedes-Diecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 05:03 AM   #8
BBD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to BBD
"the G-class sucks. sorry to say that but its what i think if anyonelikes them dont take this hard "

I Agree with yaa, it looks like a box drives like a washer machine, you get so much wind inside the car that it drives you crazy after a while,, Ohh and not too mention I Like the LandRover Defender's much much better than this.
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 08:19 PM   #9
blindside.AMG
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to blindside.AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
"the G-class sucks. sorry to say that but its what i think if anyonelikes them dont take this hard "

I Agree with yaa, it looks like a box drives like a washer machine, you get so much wind inside the car that it drives you crazy after a while,, Ohh and not too mention I Like the LandRover Defender's much much better than this.
The G-Class was orignally built for off-road purposes only at first. Mercedes didn't even want to bring them to the US but there was such a high demand for the big SUV they decided too. It wasn't built for any kind of ride quality. You might say the G-Wagen was "retrofitted" to be a luxury vehicle. And considering it's off-road capabilities it rides extremely well on-road. The thing is built like a tank and will last forever.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:49 AM   #10
MITSU-EVO
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MITSU-EVO

G-Class is not meant to look good, it's meant to be reliable, comfy, capable off-road, and be perfect mechanically instead.

I DIG EXOTICS!!!
MITSU-EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 06:09 AM   #11
blindside.AMG
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: no offense but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITSU-EVO
, comfy,
Um, not really dude. Have you ever taken a ride in one? It rides a hair better than a Jeep Wrangler on leaf springs.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:47 PM   #12
burntrice087
Banned

Since when was 0-60 in 7.1s(AMG model) Fast..A stock Civic Si would brutally spank that and its 40-50K cheaper!!!...Even if the thing weighs 5000lbs it should get to 60 in less than 6 seconds esp for the price range.It stains the glory of the other fantastic AMG models
burntrice087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 05:19 PM   #13
ThatRoundHeadedKid
AF Enthusiast

The G-Class also has the reputation of being one mean off-road machine. Critics say it is a hell of a lot better than the Range Rovers, and Land Rovers, for it's enormous amount of torque going to the wheels, and the power in teh engine, and the complexity of the transmission. ALtogether, it's one strong truck.
Ride #1: 1994 Mercedes-Benz W124 E320 Coupe (My first car/love)
Ride #2: 1975 Mercedes-Benz W116 280S (The restoration/hobby/project car)

~Chris~
My Diecast Collection!
ThatRoundHeadedKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:09 PM   #14
JackBauer
AF Newbie

Eye appeal is buy appeal. Since it's release in the US, Mercedes has lost it's shirt on this thing. Af riend of mine is a top salesman at MB in Miami Beach, and he says dealers nation wide are not even carrying them on their lots and they grow tired of it taking up a space for thier other models and paying for it to sit there.

Believe it or not the top selling model for Mercedes is the C320. Small piece of garbage that like most other Mercedes is all smoke and mirors. I've had three friends who have had all kinds of Mercedes, from C, Clk, E, and S. All say a boxy luxury ride. And a big headache to boot all were always in the dealership.

It looks like a Montero with a Benz logo. Add some nice carpet samples from Stainmaster commercials, throw in a small V8, hype it up higher then the 04 Election and you have the G-500. At a hefty 90k+, it's no wonder there are so few out there. Even Rappers who drive Mercedes Benz shun these babies.

The Caddie EXT at least has the nice finished chrome grill, and door handles, though I must say I was given one when I brought my truck in and it drove just like the Avalance with a Cadillac Logo in it.

Handmade or not, it's just a Montero with a V8 and a Benz Logo. Save your hard earned money. In 3 years these will be parked next to the Edsals, Typhons, and some great idea someone had about the Aztecs. A garbage truck built for soccer moms. How about that.
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:27 AM   #15
blindside.AMG
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: no offense but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer
Eye appeal is buy appeal. Since it's release in the US, Mercedes has lost it's shirt on this thing. Af riend of mine is a top salesman at MB in Miami Beach, and he says dealers nation wide are not even carrying them on their lots and they grow tired of it taking up a space for thier other models and paying for it to sit there.

Believe it or not the top selling model for Mercedes is the C320. Small piece of garbage that like most other Mercedes is all smoke and mirors. I've had three friends who have had all kinds of Mercedes, from C, Clk, E, and S. All say a boxy luxury ride. And a big headache to boot all were always in the dealership.

It looks like a Montero with a Benz logo. Add some nice carpet samples from Stainmaster commercials, throw in a small V8, hype it up higher then the 04 Election and you have the G-500. At a hefty 90k+, it's no wonder there are so few out there. Even Rappers who drive Mercedes Benz shun these babies.

The Caddie EXT at least has the nice finished chrome grill, and door handles, though I must say I was given one when I brought my truck in and it drove just like the Avalance with a Cadillac Logo in it.

Handmade or not, it's just a Montero with a V8 and a Benz Logo. Save your hard earned money. In 3 years these will be parked next to the Edsals, Typhons, and some great idea someone had about the Aztecs. A garbage truck built for soccer moms. How about that.
A garbage truck built for soccer moms?

How dumb are you? The G-wagen is the German Hummer (H1, not H2). In Germany they get delivered to the military without doors. They're off-road capabilities are unmatched on road going cars today. It's an insult to compare it to a Montero based on that fact alone.

And your "friend" working for Miami Beach doesn't know what he's talking about. G-wagens sell like hot cakes here in Beverly Hills. You can't drive around LA without seeing at least 5-10 a day. Mercedes Benz didn't even want to bring these vehicles to the US since they were basically a military/special vehicle but the demand was so high that they decided to start importing them. Which might explain the over-inflated price tag.

Last edited by blindside.AMG; 10-30-2004 at 06:46 AM.
blindside.AMG is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > G-Class