Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 04:42 PM   #1
pleaseHelpJeep
AF Newbie

Auto dealer integrity check

Can you please tell me in your best opinion if E22B669D-F450-4A11-9198-3F0A7F0CE175.jpeg

5936CC2B-B70E-4200-AF93-612FB18DF183.jpegthe two pictures below are of the same engines head gasket one picture I was sent from the dealership to show that I had a blown head gasket. I actually went into the dealership myself since my car has been there for an extended extremely long time of seven months to see exactly what my car was doing I had an Office desk man take me back to my car where I took my own pictures of my head gasket. I am just trying to see where we are on the integrity level of this service department. Please take a look at the two head gaskets posted and tell me if those are of the same engine or if they could possibly be from the same engine. Thank you 🙏
pleaseHelpJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 09:22 AM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Auto dealer integrity check

Pretty much all that came through are thumbnail images. It's impossible to see enough detail in them to guess if the are from the same engine, but the second image certainly appears to have less carbon build-up than the cylinders in the first image.

What is the vehicle in question and which engine does it have? If' it's a V6 or an inline 6 I can say with confidence at least the one image is not from your vehicle....

-Rod
shorod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 02:07 PM   #3
pleaseHelpJeep
AF Newbie

Thank you for replying and here are better pictures…. The engine is a 2018 Jeep Cherokee 2.4L - 4 cylinders multi-air tigershark. I immediately noticed the carbon black on mine but not in the pictures sent to me by the dealership.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:42 AM   #4
shorod
SHO No Mo

The left-most image does not appear to be of the same engine as the other two images. Besides the cylinder and pistons being clean in the image, the head gasket does not match up. Specifically, the little holes between each of the cylinders.

-Rod

shorod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 12:09 AM   #5
pleaseHelpJeep
AF Newbie

Thank you for confirming this information. I really appreciate it. That was my exact thought the holes were different. I’ve recently learned a lot about engines but by no means am I knowledgeable in them so this was very helpful!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical