Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 11:59 PM   #1
crovax
AF Newbie

87 integra shifter ???

I have a friend that has an '87 Integra with a 5 speed. he let someone test drive it. a few days later he went back to his carand found a few things that seemed to go wrong after the test drive. the windshield wipers quit working, the instrument cluster no longer works, and most troubling... the shift lever moves quite a bit from left to right while in gear, and now when he puts it in reverse it goes into a forward gear. no matter where the lever is, there is no reverse. any help would be great.
jim
Old 01-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #2
WReX
AF Enthusiast

Re: 87 integra shifter ???

did they take the car over night or something?

26 PSI anyone?
WReX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:04 AM   #3
crovax
AF Newbie

no, there were two young guys that took it out for about half an hour then said they were going to their car to discuss it, then took off in a hurry. anyway... everything was free to fix. the dash was a fuse, the wipers needed some TLC in the linkage, they were a little rusty so WD40 helped out and the trans linkage was the fact that the roll pin that holds the linkage to the trans. had an 8-32 nut and bolt holding it together. we fixed everything with stuff we had in the garage and i bought it for $400 with 111,500 miles. now i need to find a book that shows the fuses cuz there is nothing on the inside of the fuse cover. maybe a Chiltons or an actual service manual from acura.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #4
WReX
AF Enthusiast

sounds kind of shady but at least it didn't cost you anything

26 PSI anyone?
WReX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
crovax
AF Newbie

yeah, everything was free. now i was going out to go to work and the bolt that mounts the torsion bar fell out now i need to find out the bolt size so i can get a new one. i'm just glad its only a $400 car and i still have my primary car to drive.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra