Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
TQue
AF Newbie

Smile Recommendations: Strong MODERN SUVs

Hello, new guy here.
I was at my friend's house hanging out. He has the 2007 Toyota Innova.
It's a Multi Ultility Vehicle right? Not SUV, but as I leaned to the driver's door, It dents a little, but goes back to form. This is a sign that it is not strong enough.

I'm 17 and my mother gave me a 1994 Isuzu Bighorn Trooper (Irmscher 2DR) 3.1D, which is incredibly strong and can withstand high-impacts. One time when my sister was driving it, someone accidentally bumped into the side of the SUV (Toyota Vios I think) and it didn't even have huge dents, while the vios had a very noticeable bumper damage, which needed to be replaced. So my first thought WOW this car is strong. There are other more crashes this car had, and only few scratches, and some unnoticeable dents.

After knowing that the Innova has poor strength, my family now is scared to buy new SUVs for us to use. I know a few SUVs and Pick-ups, but i am not sure about their strength. I have very little knowledge about cars, I only know how to drive, pay for the gas, and other small things. I've been driving since August of 2011.

So now, after I have typed this novel (just kidding)..
I want you experts to suggest me a Modern SUV that is/stronger than mine. I was thinking the Montero Sport, but it's too common here in my country (family wants import cars/ somewhat unique in the country. family has toyota estima, Pajero, and trooper. all imported from JP.) s:

Also, sorry for the bad english. Not so good at it
TQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Re: Recommendations: Strong MODERN SUVs

Welcome to AF!

I'm afraid that I'm in the U.S. and don't know a thing about any of the makes or models you posted about. Hopefully someone else can help with your question!

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
TQue
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediva View Post
Welcome to AF!

I'm afraid that I'm in the U.S. and don't know a thing about any of the makes or models you posted about. Hopefully someone else can help with your question!
I believe these are the US Equivalents:

Toyota Vios = Toyota Belta
Toyota Innova = ??
Isuzu Bighorn Trooper = Isuzu Trooper
Mits Montero Sport = Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
Toyota Estima = JP version of Toyota Previa
Old 03-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #4
TQue
AF Newbie

:bump:

To summarize it all:

I need an SUV as strong/stronger than my "6x accidents and only a few scratches and unnoticeable dents" SUV.. Which is the Isuzu Trooper. The old Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero is also like that, but ours have already cracks on the fenders.

Also, I need an SUV that has enough height like my Isuzu. Because where I'm living at, one hour of rain would already cause floods.

Thank you

Last edited by TQue; 03-26-2012 at 03:43 AM.