Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Rally
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Do you have a need or want for a hydraulic handbrake?
Yes 3 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 07:14 AM   #1
Ted_Mecheng
AF Newbie

Question Hydraulic Handbrake

Hi,

I am currently undertaking my 3rd year uni project. I plan to design a handbrake lever for fast road cars (road legal) and rally applications, which is capable of activating a hydraulic rear brake system. The lever will work on a pull release action similar to that found in a WRC car.

At present I’m researching information on existing hydraulic handbrakes and trying to establish the extent of the market for such a product.

If you could take the time to let me know if you or anyone you know would be interested in such a product, the type of application it would be used for or alternatively if you know anyone who already uses one. Also any information on the subject, books, websites etc it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ted_Mecheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:06 AM   #2
da_moose
AF Newbie

My father's old rally car had a hydraulic handbrake. It was on a 240 Volvo which had 2 piston calipers on the front and 1 piston on the rear stock and was the rear calipers were exchanged with front ones so one piston activated the regular brakes while the ebrake (connected to a second master cylinder) connected to the second piston. As far as your project is concerned I would definitely be interested in this as I've been toying with the idea of a hydraulic ebrake for my car but it has drum brakes on the rear right now LOL. As for information I would call up a few rally shops like Libra Racing for a start. Good luck with the project.
da_moose is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Rally