Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 03:07 PM   #1
MKO
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to MKO Send a message via AIM to MKO Send a message via Yahoo to MKO
My First Car

I am just turned 16 and i am looking for my first car, my parents are willing to buy it but it must be no more than $10,000. I want a sports car, but i would also like to drive it to school in winter, i was looking at the mitsubishi eclipse gsx or the subaru impreza, something in that range.. do you guys have any ideas? i dont mind if it isnt driveable in winter. insurrance cant be that high either...

thanks guys.
MKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 06:53 PM   #2
MKO
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to MKO Send a message via AIM to MKO Send a message via Yahoo to MKO
how gay u guys are useless please help....
Old 04-09-2003, 12:06 PM   #3
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
What you asked for is a vehicle that can do just about everything. Think about what you reall want the car for and come on back.

You didn't bother to tell us where you lived so we have no idea how severe your winters are. The Imprezza doesn't count as a sports car, the gsx counts but driving it in winters up here can be hairy and your insurance will be high.

Why not go with a fairly recent used civic or gulf. Not hard on the pocketbook to fix or insure. 10K would get one that is only a few years old so it wont need replacement parts for some time. Use that till you are out of school and/or know what kind of car you really want.

btw - don't call people on the board gay, it won't bring in the good advice. I'm in a good mood or I would have ignored this post for you acting like an ass.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 04-09-2003, 02:44 PM   #4
MKO
AF Newbie

CORRECTION... i never called u guys gay i said u guys were useless...
Old 04-18-2003, 04:37 AM   #5
Lead Injector
AF Newbie

wow you managed to skinny ten grand off your parents for your first car? I thought i was flash getting a car worth 2k out of them.

I would suggest getting either a porsche 944, although you sound like a pratt and probably treat it like some ricer and end up throwing it off the road, or an old school BMW 325i- 1988-90 is (imo) the best looking years. and trust me, the girls just love the beamers
Old 04-20-2003, 12:30 PM   #6
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Lead Injector
wow you managed to skinny ten grand off your parents for your first car? I thought i was flash getting a car worth 2k out of them.
Yeah I only got 500 bucks!

Anyway, to answer MKO's Q I would say do not get a turbo car for your first car. If you want a reliable car with some go-fast get a mid-late 90's GSR integra. This car can easily be as fast as a GS-T (Not GSX cuz of the AWD advantage) for an extra few hundred $. First of all it's way lighter, and has a lot of aftermarket parts available for HP gains. These cars usually last over 200K miles if kept regularly maintenanced and not beat to bad.
PWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:41 PM   #7
Ludovico
AF Newbie