Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sienna
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
Don Sandlin
AF Newbie

Cargo door handle repaired. Thanks

I'd like to say thanks for all those who posted tips on repairing my broken handle on the back hatch door of the 1998 Sienna. It all went pretty smoothly. I ordered the part from the Davis Auto Sales (Parts) place that was mentioned at this site. The part was an exact match and easy to install.

One thing I wanted to share is that when attempting to reinstall the back panel, I noticed that some of the plastic tabs that hold the panel in place on the door frame were in the panel and some were in the door, making it a little difficult to work with. I used a 1/4 inch socket to push the plastic pieces back through the metal door frame, then inserted them into the panel. With all of the plastic pieces in the panel, it was easier to install the panel. Anyway, mission accomplished. Savings: probably a few hundred.
Don Sandlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
hotpursuit
AF Newbie

Re: Cargo door handle repaired. Thanks

Fort Worth Auto Accessories on ebay sells an all steel hatch latch handle for about $23 shipped. I bought and installed one on my Sienna and it works great. Since it is all steel I shouldn't have to worry about it breaking again.
hotpursuit is offline   Reply With Quote