Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > SC/SL/SW
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
dmarshall80
AF Newbie

Angry SC2 Saturn Wont Start - Help!

Ok…I have a 2001 Saturn SC2. I went out to start my car and all the lights and chimes worked but car would not start..wouldnt even act like it wanted to. I did hear a little humming maybe with a lil click but not like “click click click” sound . O and the radio wouldnt work either, and when i turned it to on the security light and check engine lights were on, not blinking. I tried resetting the alarm (saw on a site) by unlocking the door, turning it off and on and off and leaving it unlocked for 30 min…that didnt do anything. When i came back the lights were getting dimmer and now this morning I have no notta. Now my battery is dead and I cant check anything…does this sound like the security, how do i quick fix it or is this the ignition or starter???? My battery is brand new. Oh and I did just start using my alarm clicker again after about a year because I thought i lost it but just found it…thats why im really thinking it has to do with the alarm…but i cant even check the ignition or the starter with a dead battery. Oh and I tried to jump start it and notta. Please Help!
dmarshall80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
dmarshall80
AF Newbie

Re: SC2 Saturn Wont Start - Help!

OK...my battery is from Les Schwab so today I called them and they came out and jumped my car. I took it to them and they checked the battery and said the battery is bad, this is the second one..and it is the best battery they have, can something in my car be destroying these batteries? Or did I really just get 2 expensive bad batteries?? Thank Goodness for Les Schwab though or I would be putting out more money for another battery. If it does it again I will repost here.
dmarshall80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
Ruley73
AF Enthusiast

Re: SC2 Saturn Wont Start - Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarshall80 View Post
Ok…I have a 2001 Saturn SC2. I went out to start my car and all the lights and chimes worked but car would not start..wouldnt even act like it wanted to. I did hear a little humming maybe with a lil click but not like “click click click” sound . O and the radio wouldnt work either, and when i turned it to on the security light and check engine lights were on, not blinking. I tried resetting the alarm (saw on a site) by unlocking the door, turning it off and on and off and leaving it unlocked for 30 min…that didnt do anything. When i came back the lights were getting dimmer and now this morning I have no notta. Now my battery is dead and I cant check anything…does this sound like the security, how do i quick fix it or is this the ignition or starter???? My battery is brand new. Oh and I did just start using my alarm clicker again after about a year because I thought i lost it but just found it…thats why im really thinking it has to do with the alarm…but i cant even check the ignition or the starter with a dead battery. Oh and I tried to jump start it and notta. Please Help!
I'd double check the battery terminals and make sure they are tight. Loose termianals cause weird things to happen on these cars.

"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!"
- Steve Smith (Red)
Ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote