Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Non-Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Non-Performance This is the place to discuss interior, exterior, and other non-performance related modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
gnrboyd
AF Newbie

Glove Box Rattle

My daughter's 2002 Cavalier seems to have a loose glove box. When you go over a bump it rattles and is annoying. Is there an adjustment for the latch? It seems like the latch needs to be moved backwards a quarter of an inch or so to make the door pull into the dash a little closer and keep it from vibrating. The latch has two screws mounted to the dash which appear to be difficult to get to without taking the dash apart. Even if I can these screws loose, I don't know if the braket will slide or not. Before I go to the trouble of trying, I thought I'd ask here in case anyone knows the answer.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
gnrboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Kbrickman
AF Newbie

Re: Glove Box Rattle

Under the passenger dask, where the two hinges are for the glovebox. Try wiggling those and see if theyre loose. I had the same problem so i stuck a preglued piece of material between the hinge and the door of the glovebox. I could tolerate it until i put in my lower dogbone =P Then the rattling was unbearable.

Good luck
Kbrickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
SilverCavy21
AF Newbie

same problem is accruing for my 2002 Cavy. I have taken the screws and stuff off and it still does it. I dont know what the problem is.
SilverCavy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
J-Ri
AF Enthusiast

Did you put the screws back in?

tap/push on the front and see where the noise is coming from. If it's coming from the bottom, try the glue thing from above. If it's coming from the top, I'd guess it's from the latch. The holes the screws go through on the bottom are usually slotted to allow up and down adjustment, the hinge may have moved down from the vibration, if yours is slotted, try moving it up. If it's not slotted, you could try elongating the holes.

You should also look for shiny spots where the plastic has been rubbing. If there are any, get some adhesive foam weatherstrip tape and put it where it's been rubbing. Could also try that just to put some outward force on it and maybe that will lessen the rattle.
Poly engine/trans/control arm bushings
Self built and self programmed progressive methanol injection system

Last edited by J-Ri; 04-15-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Forgot stuff
J-Ri is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Non-Performance