Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 12:25 PM   #1
PigBoT
AF Newbie

Exclamation Engine Kills after first start attempt

I have an S70 that kills immediately after starting. If I start it again for the second time, it starts right up and is fine. Just a little annoying. Anyone else had this problem or know what may be wrong? Thanks.
PigBoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:36 AM   #2
Spit
AF Regular

Re: Engine Kills after first start attempt

Did you ever find a cause of your shutdown? Having the same problem. Would appreciate any input you have
Spit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 03:27 PM   #3
magnumtoy
AF Newbie

Re: Engine Kills after first start attempt

Hey guys, I know this is a pretty old thread, but I also have similar problems with my '99 V70, but mine is pretty intermittent. I'm leaning towards a fuel pressure regulator. I'm still trying to research it myself, but my recent thinking is if it's faulty, you can be losing the pressure that's supposed to be keeping some fuel up near the fuel rails, bowl, etc. when the engine is shut down for your start. Once you've lost fuel pressure and you go to start it, there might be just enough fuel (pressure) left to start it but not keep it going. Then upon trying to start it some more, you're "repriming" the pressure when cranking.

I'm no mechanic, just a schlep trying to figure it out. If you've figured out the problem already, I'd love to hear about it.
magnumtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:14 AM   #4
Spit
AF Regular

Guys, I posted the thread for a buddy I work with, he ened up taking his Volvo in to the dealer and, was told that the problem was something that they called an "antenna ring". This has something to do with the anti-theft system. It reads a chip in the ignition key? and if it doesn't get the right match so to speak it shuts the ignition off. The dealer replaced this part under warranyt and he hasn't had the problem since. Hope this helps.

Spit
Spit is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > General Discussion