Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Sonata
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 12:44 AM   #1
Screamin_99
AF Newbie

Alternator Removal on a 00' V6

Hey, well my stepfather and I pulled all the bolts but we simply could not get the bolt on the bottom off. when we pull it back it hits on some huge piece of metal. and the alternator just will not slide off.

I dont understand how im susposed to get the bolt out Its the only thing holding us back from getting it off.

Anyone know how to properly get this out?

the head of the bolt is facing the drivers side so we have to pull it out that way which is making it go back about 2 inches and hit some piece of metal. looks like a part of the steering or something?

Also anyone got any info on a shifting problem. sometimes during normal driving it will jerk really hard trying to shit into 3rd or 4th. (regular auto) and it just will not do it. the car will stay running at a high RPM the ses light will come on.

we have been just pulling the car over and turning it off waiting a while then starting it back. works like a charm.. its as though it resets it; but you gotta be easier on it or it will go it again and again..
Screamin_99 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Sonata