Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
Bob9646
AF Newbie

Hondas and acuras are super awesome

You know them when you see them in your rear veiw mirror, bouncing around the road with the sweet cut spring lowering jobs, all multi-colored with poorly fitting body kits and followed closely by that solid stream of blue smoke when ever they are on the gas from constantly over revving the engine to feel the *AMAZING* effects of V-TEC combined with a 25 shot of NOZ. Those are truely the most awesome cars, and I envy them when I see them. Because even though my car is faster and more comfortable to ride in, they are just SO COOL.
Mods- PI top end swap, C&L plenum, 75mm throttle body, 03 mustang gt intake tube, airbox, 80mm MAFS, 300hp+ J-Mod, tuned really hot by Lonnie at Blue Oval Chips with an sct X3, mid length dual exhaust with mandrel bent X-pipe and turndowns
Up next- aluminum driveshaft, 22c plugs, 180 degree thermostat and a tune to match, polyurethane EVERYTHING, possibly lowering springs
Bob9646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
Nick07
AF Newbie

Re: Hondas and acuras are super awesome

Just one question... If you dig imports so much how come you drive American Muscle? No offense cuz I love imports too (if it's the right one, I'm very picky). I'd still rather slam gears in a V8 than roll in a rice rocket.
Nick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
Bob9646
AF Newbie

Lol dude that was sarcasm xD

I LOVE my V8 and I LOVE catching rubber hitting third gear

There was this kid in a riced out integra that pulled up to me last night acting all cocky purging his NAAWZ and revving on me and when I told him he was blowing blue smoke he laughed and said "SO? I'LL STILL WHOOP THAT OLD P.O.S." So when the light turned green I blew his doors off and waved good bye
Mods- PI top end swap, C&L plenum, 75mm throttle body, 03 mustang gt intake tube, airbox, 80mm MAFS, 300hp+ J-Mod, tuned really hot by Lonnie at Blue Oval Chips with an sct X3, mid length dual exhaust with mandrel bent X-pipe and turndowns
Up next- aluminum driveshaft, 22c plugs, 180 degree thermostat and a tune to match, polyurethane EVERYTHING, possibly lowering springs
Old 07-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
Nick07
AF Newbie

That was my first thought after I read it, especially after I started thinkin about how you described the imports. Well I'm happy you got the V8 fever, nothin is better. Since we're being honest here, I added my own sarcasm... I wouldn't mind certain imports but it would take so much money and time for me to be proud of it. There is NO comparison to muscle
Old 07-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Bob9646
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick07 View Post
I wouldn't mind certain imports but it would take so much money and time for me to be proud of it. There is NO comparison to muscle
Exactly, and if you want to spend all that money why not start with something that already can get up and go and build that up? I don't understand the mentality behind spending $5,000 building up a 1.8L motor to put out 400 hp at 9K rpm that won't last for nothing.

And once they are all suped up they don't get that mileage they brag about.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
Nick07
AF Newbie

You aren't gonna get any arguement from me about this
Old 05-11-2010, 02:27 AM   #7
dizzle1
AF Regular

I rather have torque I hate the feel of a car with no torque. I don't like short gearing and revving 4k just to do 75mph how is that efficient with a manual that would be PITA to drive everyday. What I like is a car that can move quietly up to speed at low rpms. I don't care for a car like that in FWD but if its RWD then its ok also if it doesn't rev too much just to cruise on the highway. Most of these ricers don't have a LSD which sucks ontop of being FWD.

What would be cool is to have a 2600 pound turbo civic with over 300tq from 2000-3000rpm to redline. But I doubt that will ever happen because of turbo lag.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General