Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 01:04 PM   #1
WalHam
AF Newbie

Pathfinder Blower for A/C doesn't work...

My airconditioning blower in my 2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE does not work. I can hear the Air Conditioner clicking on and off, but the fan doesn't blow any air on any speed. It has the auto climate control. It actually stopped blowing a week ago, and then the next day it started again. It has once again stopped and restarted. Now it's not working again. I also noticed that when it does work, the fan doesn't seem to have as much power as before.

I would like to see if there is a simple solution before I bring it in to the tech. Is there a fuse somewhere? Any ideas what may be causing this, and if it's simple to fix?

Your time is greatly appreciated,
WalHam
WalHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:18 PM   #2
WalHam
AF Newbie

Anybody, Anybody!!
Old 09-13-2005, 01:51 AM   #3
nissan_240sx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Pathfinder Blower for A/C doesn't work...

there should be a fuse in the engine bay, im not too sure cause i have a 1993 path and theres one in there. same prob with mine few years back. but the a/c didnt click or anything, brought it in a/c shop and costed me bout 400+ for a/c rebuild lol, hope thats not your prob. good luck
peace

1992 240sx SE Fastback 5speed

nissan_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:28 PM   #4
WalHam
AF Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I looked for the fuses and can't seem to find one that controls the fan. That was my initial thought also, but the A/C actually turns on (I can hear the clicking sound), but the fan doesn't.

Also, I would think that if it was the fuse it would have stopped working altogether, because my fan actually turned on and off a few times. It hasn't turned back on for a few weeks now. I have a feeling it would be some control module or something. Was hoping someone would know.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:47 PM   #5
WalHam
AF Newbie

Well, what do you know? I just decided to mess with the fuses again as you mentioned just to see if something would happen. I literally removed and replaced each fuse, as I didn't know which one controlled the fan and pushed down the rest that were hard to remove, and lo and behold it started working again. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence and if it will stop working again, but at least I can narrow it down to something being loose.

If it holds this time, you just saved me a bunch of money. Unfortunately, I wasted a month in the hot summer with no A/C. Oh well!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:03 PM   #6
nissan_240sx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Pathfinder Blower for A/C doesn't work...

lol you probably cleaned the connection when you pulled it off, who knows lol. good to hear it works, no prob man
peace

1992 240sx SE Fastback 5speed

nissan_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail