Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-6
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2001, 08:22 PM   #1
J-SpecMazda
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to J-SpecMazda
hopefully we can get this place boosted a good amount, i love to see alot of forums to talk about my car, and the same for everyone else, hopefully i can get some more people in here and then we will have it made. Peace out. Also known as Type_R_Racer on SH). Peace
J-SpecMazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 08:52 PM   #2
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
my bro has an MX-6, the previous model though.
I love it, its SO comfortable! The seats are like buckets
Old 02-12-2001, 09:41 PM   #3
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
sup j-specmazda glad to see u come from sho. Did u read that post about what that punk R59 said i swear peps like that piss me off . But oh well im happy to see u here this board will be pretty bad soon just give it sometime and if u know peps on sho see if they want to sign up on here . I'll talk to u later
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 03:16 PM   #4
J-SpecMazda
AF Newbie

I love the seat in my car, but i am thinking about getting spacaros or recaros to reduce wieght, and taking out the back two seats. If you get an Mx6 the first thing you should get is a K&N filtercharger, it give a few horsepower, but in higher rmps it really makes your car sound masive, espacially with a muffler. i also have a centerforce dual friction clutch, it actually made my car fast, alot fast, more than any mod. Some people like drag street racing and i do that to, but my true love is mountain or ridge racing, it is so fun and requires skill not just speed. I love turning 70 degree turns at 45 mph. I have only spun out once, but thanks to my skills i learned at Panoz racing school i recovered and didn't hit anything. of course i was stupid and floored it into a hard right turn and it was very slippery. of course not many people race ridges or down hill racing, but they do in japan, i would love to go over there are race. But anyways be safe. peace.
Old 02-15-2001, 09:30 PM   #5
J-SpecMazda
AF Newbie

People with mx6s will come to this site.
Old 02-15-2001, 09:45 PM   #6
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
why do u say that ? im just wondering
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 12:30 AM   #7
BossMX-6
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to BossMX-6
Cool hi all....

hello every one... I am brand new to this site... I have a 90 MX-6 lx, and I like it!!!! right now I have no mods, but I will be working on the soon... I must rebuild my engine first, due to an extreme amount of oil burning.... But I'm glad to see a forum strickly dedicated to MX-6, I was in a Probe forum, but only a few MX-6 owners acually post there... well, I'm out!!!

Josh
Old 05-29-2001, 06:17 PM   #8
cjos5896
AF Newbie

Unhappy I got a problem

i also own a amzda mx-6, but there is a problem that i cant seem to figure out that maybe you guys can help me with. my car engine light always comes on, on my way to work around this particular exit on the freeway. it would still run fine but this light just keeps coming on. when i turn the car off then turn it back on the light goes off. i dont understand this. have any of you have this problem? what was it? please e-mail me at cyrusj@hotmail.com. thank you.
cjos5896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 08:00 AM   #9
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Welcome to AF, I will be taking you on a tour of this forum. To your left we have...............

Old 08-12-2001, 07:45 AM   #10
josedi
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to josedi
I don't own an MX-6 but always liked the Turbo late 80s model.. if only they would of made it AWD or RWD here in the U.S. great car..

93 Nissan 240SX SE SR20DET Blacktop Swap
01 Lexus IS 300 e-Shift
[url]www.240sxforums.com[/img]
josedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 12:07 PM   #11
T4 Primera
AF Enthusiast

Hey y'all,
My mother just turned up in her latest car - a '92 (I think) 2.5L V6 MX-6 with 4WSteer. I must say it's a horny looking car. Took it for a good test drive and was impressed with the torque, smoothness and free revving of the engine. Steering and gearbox felt a little vague compared to my T4 Primera and the clutch a little heavy but I guess it has to hold that extra torque. I was impressed with the acceleration but handling was a little disappointing (I think my AWD Primera out corners and outbrakes it). Felt a little heavy too but that may be just the heavier steering.
Anyways, it's something quite special to drive and I better keep an eye on this forum since I'll probably end up maintaining it for her.
Looking forward to seeing the MX-6 forum grow.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are
so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts."
-- Bertrand Russell
T4 Primera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 08:10 PM   #12
Kerpalstaxi
AF Newbie

I love the way the MX6 looks. It's V6 engines are built extremely well, too. They can handle up to 450 hp w/out any expensive internal work. It would have been so easy for Mazda to make this car RWD, it would be like an RX7 that's affordable, but I guess that was their whole purpose, to send people to the RX7. You don't see too many of these cars also, that's always a plus for me.
Old 12-19-2001, 09:39 AM   #13
EmExSixT9
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to EmExSixT9
Re: I got a problem

Quote:
Originally posted by cjos5896
i also own a amzda mx-6, but there is a problem that i cant seem to figure out that maybe you guys can help me with. my car engine light always comes on, on my way to work around this particular exit on the freeway. it would still run fine but this light just keeps coming on. when i turn the car off then turn it back on the light goes off. i dont understand this. have any of you have this problem? what was it? please e-mail me at cyrusj@hotmail.com. thank you.
This could be a number of problems. If the CEL is coming on then you need to pull the codes to find out what the problem is.

Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Level 10 performance transmission system, GTR rear spoiler, AR Estrella wheels, Monterrey blue-black peal colorshift paint
EmExSixT9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 12:56 AM   #14
spyder_3
AF Newbie

help.....

wassup,
i need some help, i got a 5sp. '88 Mazda MX-6 GT Turbo, and i'm wondering if anyone knows where i can get "street racing" body kits, or combat kits for the 1st generation models?
thanks.
:grey:
spyder_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 11:43 AM   #15
Chaz24
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Chaz24
Whats up People

I own a 89 MX-6. The thing is, it was gven to my older broter by a friend of the famly. My brother used it for a little bit but he treated it like shiznit. Now the car has been sitting for a few years. But recently I have been really getting into the whole project import car ordeal so I thought that this would be a good start you know. The car is a really sweet ride. I'm looking foward to getting your input and help on any mods or performance enhancements I undergo! Thanx
:sun:
Chaz24 is offline   Reply With Quote