Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 06:52 PM   #1
Xclusive
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Xclusive
need help with 87 alarm and remote start

for a 97 civic ex coupe. this is for a computstar 2WSS-AS. There are two relays, the start kill relay has two wires coming from it, where do they go? And the other relay is for the starter output. It has a yellow/black wire coming from it, dont know where it goes. The other wire coming from that relay goes to the starter output.

Also, need, 2nd starter output, 2nd accessory output, trunk output (i assum this is to unlock the trunk, but my car doesnt have electronic trunk lock, so do I even need to hook it up?), and 2nd unlock output, emercency brake input, (-) light output(is this headlight), rearm output, disarm output,

Also, where is the best place to mount the shock sensor?

Thanks,

Kyle
Xclusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:22 AM   #2
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: need help with 87 alarm and remote start

Dude, if you got those kind of questions, you should never work on this type of thing. What you are asking is so elementary as far as remote starts are concerned. Against my will, I will answer them.

The 2 wires from the start kill go to the starter wire, cut the starter wire in half then connect each wire of the starter kill to the ends of the starter wire. The starter output wire needs to go past the starterkill relay. This is what will start the car. IF you wire it before the starter kill, the alarm will not allow it to start. As far as the extra wires, those are for some cars that have 2 or more ignition, accessory or what ever type wires. goto www.bulldogsecurity.com to look up your car's info.
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 11:40 PM   #3
Xclusive
AF Newbie

Re: Re: need help with 87 alarm and remote start

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchonutty

The 2 wires from the start kill go to the starter wire, cut the starter wire in half then connect each wire of the starter kill to the ends of the starter wire. The starter output wire needs to go past the starterkill relay. This is what will start the car. IF you wire it before the starter kill, the alarm will not allow it to start. As far as the extra wires, those are for some cars that have 2 or more ignition, accessory or what ever type wires. goto www.bulldogsecurity.com to look up your car's info.
Ok, so for the start kill relay. I cut the starter wire of the ignition harness into two pieces. I hook the starter wire from the relay to the prtion of the start wire that goes to the starter. Then connect the other wire from the relay to the portion of the starter wire that goes to the key area? Am I getting this right?

Thanks fot your help.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:01 PM   #4
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: need help with 87 alarm and remote start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive
Ok, so for the start kill relay. I cut the starter wire of the ignition harness into two pieces. I hook the starter wire from the relay to the prtion of the start wire that goes to the starter. Then connect the other wire from the relay to the portion of the starter wire that goes to the key area? Am I getting this right?

Thanks fot your help.
Not sure if we are on the same page or not here. If you have just a plain Jane relay, it should go something like this... #86 to ignition, #87 to (-) output when armed on alarm, #87a to switch side of starter wire, and then #30 to engine side of starter wire. You'd then hook the remote start wire of the alarm to the side where #30 is. If you do not, it will not remotely start because of starter kill.

Again, I advise having this professionaly done.
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:58 PM   #5
Xclusive
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: need help with 87 alarm and remote start

ok. So I got the starter relay hooked up. There's a second pre wired relay, which they say is for a 2nd ignition, 2nd starter, or 2nd accessory. I have a 2nd ignition, and there are two wires coming from the relay, do I hook those up the same way I did the starter?
Old 03-16-2004, 10:00 PM   #6
Xclusive
AF Newbie

I would have had it professionally done, but couldn't find anyone that would do it. I mean, its not hard, just connecting wires, but the relays just had me a little confused.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:33 PM   #7
xproductionz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to xproductionz Send a message via MSN to xproductionz Send a message via Yahoo to xproductionz

its always good to learn how to do-it-yourself.. but just remember there is a line between "DoItYourself" and "DoItYourself but doesnt work properly".... you know theres someone somewhere that will be saying... "i told you so".. haha... can you tell im bored?
xproductionz is offline   Reply With Quote