Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Sonata
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 02:57 PM   #1
dougwilliams
AF Newbie

Battery / Computer / Sunroof Problems

I bought a 2002 Sonata (V6) a few months ago- it had about 30 something thousand miles at the time. One of the first things I did (for some reason - forget why now) was disconnect the battery to clean off the terminals. The battery since I've had it is an AC Delco brand (I dont imagine AC Delco is original equipment in a Sonata - anyone know?) - so I assume someone has already replaced it.

After I did that, the sunroof controls stopped working (as well as the digital hvac controls). Well- worked "differently". I had to hold down the arrow buttons to get the sunroof to move, as soon as I release the button it stopped moving - and the "C" , "1", "2" buttons did nothing. And - the heat always comes on at high temp, full fans. Odd.

So, about 3 months ago somethign else happened (again not sure what) - but it started working again. The sunroof controls worked fine and hvac is all good.

The other day I go to start it and the battery is mostly dead. I jump it, and everything has reset - the clock, the controls dont work again. Since then it barely starts, or I have to jump it to start it - maybe a few times over the last day or four).

So - I figure either my battery isnt taking charge anymore - or the alternator isnt charging the battery. So I need to get to the bottom of that - I'm guessing the Ac Delco isnt original, and that the battery was replaced, although the alternator probably isnt charging the battery.

But- is there anyway to reset the controls/computer? I had a chevy and by toggling the igition swithc so many times it forced it to reset. Are there any tricks like this I can use to get my system to reset?

Also - my airbag light has been on since I've owned it for about a month- any idea what would trigger that?

PS- I appreciate the help, comments, opinions etc ...

Thanks
dougwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Sonata