Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 05:54 PM   #1
paper1122
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to paper1122
Long trip planned

Hey guys, Newbie here.
My g/f and I are taking her 95 Lumina w/84k on the odometer on a long road trip in about a month. I was wondering if there was anything I should particullarly look out for when I do my pre-trip inspection (I'm not familiar with the service records of the car, or the car itself). Any help would be greatly apprcieated!

On a side note, she wants me to install remote keyless entry, is there one specifically made for the car and/or is there one that works well with the car?
paper1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 09:33 PM   #2
The Burning Rom
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to The Burning Rom Send a message via MSN to The Burning Rom Send a message via Yahoo to The Burning Rom
Re: Long trip planned

95 Luminas had keyless entry as an option. I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement a the system on a car that didn't have it.

As far as the trip..how long are we talking about here? You should maybe change the oil. Check the serpentine belt for wear. Change the plugs. Check the brake pads...see if they have a lot left on them. Have the alternator tested to make sure it's still charging good. They were/are notorious for going out on GM's 60* and 90* motors.

That's about all I can think of. Last time I went on a long trip, I didn't check anything. I just went.
1990 Metallic Blue & Silver Grand Prix LE Coupe
1979 Blue Dodge Ramcharger
The Burning Rom is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina