Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunbird/J2000/2000 Sunbird
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #1
badbrakes
AF Newbie

There's no way I can let go of my Sunbird !

I've got a 94 Sunbird with 216 000 kms (around 150 000 miles I guess) sitting in my garage. It has gone through 10 full years of harsh canadian weather. Had odd intermittent brake problems pop up two years ago and I've stored the car in my garage since then. I will fix it when I have time. My wife hates having the car in the garage, she wants us to send it to scrapyard... I can't find it in me to let that vehicle go. In my mind, that serie (early, mid 90s cavaliers, and Sunbirds, etc) still had that American look and feel to it... sure the most recent American cars are more stylized with roundish shapes and all the bells and whistles but I still like my Sunbird better... everything still runs perfectly on car, engine roars nicely and all accessories still run. I haven't got around to fixing the brakes as it is an intermittent problem involving I believe the ABS system or something... about once a month, the brake pedal will travel to floor and braking gets very difficult... one block later, brakes are absolutely fine for another month !!!. Master cylinder and all components look fine (at least to me). In any event, my Sunbird is with me to stay, unless my wife 'hides it' from me ! BTW, if you have any suggestions on my brake situation, let me know.
badbrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #2
Paul94Z28
AF Newbie

Re: There's no way I can let go of my Sunbird !

I own an 84 Turbo Sunbird Convertible - had it since 90. I love this car. It is not the most reliable or inexpensive car to own. They get into your brain somehow.

Best of luck, mine almost was donated once - not again. I ended up restoring it.

Paul
Paul94Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunbird/J2000/2000 Sunbird