Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Non-Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Non-Performance This is the place to discuss interior, exterior, and other non-performance related modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 05:41 PM   #1
02'CAVI
AF Newbie

Stereo Shutting Off

OK, I JUST GOT A 2002 CAVAVLIER, ITS THE BASE MODEL, NO ONSTAR,OR XM,
OK.. THE FACTORY STEREO WOULD SHUT OFF GOING DOWN THE ROAD , OK I INSTALLED AN AFTERMARKET STEREO, USING A REGULAR WIRING HARNESS, SUBS, AMP..ETC.. NOW THE NEW RADIO IS STILL SHUTTING OFF FOR NO REASON, DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD... I'VE HEARD ABOUT A RADIO SHUT OFF DELAY? IS THIS A FEATURE THATS ON THIS TYPE OF CAVALIER, AND IS THAT WHATS SHUTTING THE RADIO OFF STILL? AFTER ALL THE LABOR OF TAKING THE DASH APART, CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIX THIS??
02'CAVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:49 PM   #2
Derk_eliso
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Derk_eliso Send a message via MSN to Derk_eliso Send a message via Yahoo to Derk_eliso
Re: Stereo Shutting Off

I've taken it apart like 30 times, feel my pain, lol... my stereo shuts down if it's too loud...
Derk_eliso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:12 AM   #3
01Cavy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 01Cavy

I'm not quite sure why your radio is shutting off on it's own. Maybe a loose fuse. The delay shut off is when you turn your car off the radio stays on for I believe it's 10 minutes before shutting off unless you open either the driver or passenger door. Once the car is off and the doors are opened it will shut off, otherwise it will stay on for 10 minutes. Back to your problem, check your fuses, also check to make sure you have a good ground and no loose wires.

Check out my CarDomain at...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493960
01Cavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #4
gtekman
AF Newbie

I have the exact same problem in my 1998 Sunfire...If anyone knows how to fix this problem that would be greatly appriciated.
gtekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:12 AM   #5
jjh1976
AF Newbie

im having the same problem with my 96 sunfire
jjh1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:31 PM   #6
95sunny013
AF Newbie

same problem with 95 sunfire very annoying....mostly when i shift or hit bumps....anyone know what do?
95sunny013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #7
nigga018
AF Newbie

Same here...I installed An aftermarket radio...hooked up a 4400 watt amp and 2 10" dual coil kicker cvr's... my radio would shut off all the time, barely adding volume, and my car wouldn't start...so i charged my battery...i charged it for a whole day...next day i turned on my radio and it didn't shut off...i believe my battery didn't have any energy...maybe thats a reason?
nigga018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #8
GoHeels222
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to GoHeels222 Send a message via MSN to GoHeels222 Send a message via Yahoo to GoHeels222

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sunny013
same problem with 95 sunfire very annoying....mostly when i shift or hit bumps....anyone know what do?
That sounds like loose wires/bad ground. Take the cd player out and check the harness and every wire for a loose one..and when u put it back in make sure no wires are getting pinched, or anything similar to that. Its a tight fit with all those wires and an aftermarket cd player.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Non-Performance