Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 12:23 AM   #1
MJB3
AF Newbie

Question SELLING 91 Z34 RED unless somebodys got idea to turn motor

Hey guys, I picked up a Z34 thats got a great body, great interior, but the motor will not turn over, the starter turns when lowered from engine, so the starter is not stuck, I have tried a breaker bar and socket to turn the motor but with no luck.

I need to either fix it soon or get rid of it soon, paid 1,500$, will sell for 1100$ firm w/15'' summer tires but w/out winter tires, --or--1300$ with 16'' summer and winter tires.

It is RED, with the spoiler and all the decals, and BOISE sound system.

I live in Maine, the undercarrage of this car is in exceptionally good condition considering it is from maine, I wish i could keep the car but even if I do fix it it needs to get moved to some other home. This is the car of NASCAR - years ago.
MJB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:15 AM   #2
amac209
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to amac209
Re: SELLING 91 Z34 RED unless somebodys got idea to turn motor

that sucks. was it just sitting for a long time before you got it or did it go into melt down?? did you remove all the sparkplugs and try turning it?? you could try spraying some wd-40 in all the sparkplug holes and breaking it loose with a breakerbar then pour a few spoonfulls on engine oil in each cylinder, turn it by hand a few times then put the plugs in and see if it fires. chances are it needs a a motor but it's always fun to try.
amac209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:17 PM   #3
Jimmiz71
AF Enthusiast

amac209's idea is a great one! , I let my 87' S10 yard beater sit for over a year and the motor froze up and wouldnt turn over,, so I removed the plugs and poured some marvel mystery oil in there.(I really didnt ca
Jimmiz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:21 PM   #4
Jimmiz71
AF Enthusiast

like i was saying before i got cut off I really didnt give the truck any love for it was dumped on me with 180,00miles and half a body, After pouring oil in, I let it sit for a couple of days and it turned over and slowly started, The crap really worked...
-Jimmy
Jimmiz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:14 PM   #5
MJB3
AF Newbie

So far i've poured about a cup of gasoline down each cylinder, and came back about an hour later with the breaker bar to the crank and it didnt want to turn over, after that i took off the front valve cover and the valves look to be in good condition..

I really dont want to take off the heads unless absolutely needed. On this model car it would be a total pain to take off the oil pan to see the crank..

would that marvel mystery oil work or kerosene?
MJB3 is offline   Reply With Quote