Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Cougar
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
Mayathebee
AF Newbie

Question Rough Idle

I have an 01 Cougar 6 cyl just bought less than a month ago(82,000miles). Had problems soon after with it chugging and just plain running like crap! Brought in to Ford dealer, they ended up telling me it was the intake manifold gaskets. Well they did that, along with a tune up, new air filter, plugs and wires. Everything but tranny flush and new fluids for that. So now its been about 3 weeks since that has been done and it was perfect, until a couple days ago when just all of a sudden its idiling weird, kinda feels like a lil sputter, not nearly as bad as before. Does not feel like its gonna die. I just notice this because now I can hear it running and a lil chug when before you could not even hear it running! No check enging, oil is good, again no stalling or feeling like its gonna die. It just worries me becuase I dont have the money to keep bringing it in! Also one other thing is the left blinker now is blinking very rapidly...So if anyone has any suggestions of what this could be, would be much appreciated
Mayathebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
beyondloadedSE
AF Ford Contour-Advisor

Re: Rough Idle

Fast blinker = a bulb is burnt out on the left side since thats the side its occuring on. You'll have to check if its in the front or rear.

Did you have both the upper and lower intake manifold gaskets replaced or just the upper? If I have a guess, you still have an intake leak somewhere.

"The CEG Nazi"
www.contour.org
1996 Ford Contour SE - Sold
3.0L V6 and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit
364 whp, 410 wtq @ 16 psi and only 4,700 rpms.
1999 Tropic Green SVT Contour - Bone stock and MINT
beyondloadedSE is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
cougar , rough idle
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Cougar