Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #1
Sergi
AF Newbie

Lowered S-10

Well, I have a 95 S-10 standard cab. I tried to lower it by putting 3" blocks in the back, but it didn't make any difference. I've asked around but noone seems to know why it didn't lower it. Also, my leafs are pretty close to the ground. My buddy has a 2000 and he had 3" blocks in there and it lowered it and his leafs weren't anywhere near as close as mine are to the ground. Any possible solutions will be greatly appreciated.
Sergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
TomB985
AF Newbie

Re: Lowered S-10

Can't speak for everyone here, but I think we're gonna need pics of your suspension.....
TomB985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #3
ericn1300
AF Premium User

the stock shocks might not have enough travel to compress far enough and are stopping the body from dropping, try jacking it up and taking off the shocks and dropping it without the shocks to see the actual ride height. you can buy shock mount extender kits to use stock shocks on lowered vehicles.
ericn1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #4
Sergi
AF Newbie

Thanks a lot for the tip, this weekend we are going to take it apart and see what we can do. Can I pick up those extenders at like an Auto Zone or Advanced Auto Parts store? Hopefully we can figure this out. Thanks again, I'll keep the progress posted.
Sergi is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis