Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 11:43 AM   #91
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

Re: aspen 79 . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by robslob
2003 viper 500hp with 6,000rpm limit

vs.

2003 cobra (capable of 500rwhp, 580flywheel horsepower because of 15psi Eaton Supercharger that comes stock *6,800rpm limit on the 03 cobra)

You know what I say-----:finger: do the math jerkoff------and go watch your homo Formual 1 races-------as if they mean shit when we're talking street life, performance jerkoffs. You Viper owners need to pull your pants up and stop creaming all over the Viper------because its only 0.3 seconds quicker than a Z06
the viper is going the right direction, the mustang is not. Chrysler have finally realised that nobody outside the US cares about straightline speed, and have really worked hard to improve the handling of it. The Mustang is still as bad handling as ever. Dont start about lateral G figures either, they dont mean shit. How many corners do you know that are perfect radius, perfect surface and perfectly level. None. The Mustang may well be quick in a straightline, but a Viper will leave it for dead round a corner. I wonder why Vipers compete in nearly every GT series going, yet i dont think any Mustangs race. Maybe its cos the Mustang cant cut it?

Oh yeah, the Mustang is one of the ugliest cars ive ever seen IMO
Old 10-06-2002, 01:02 PM   #92
robslob
AF Regular

wize up about interpreting tech numbers fool . . .

every Viper that competes in a Gt series is completely modded from one end of the suspension to the other. You Viper owners crack me up--------yea----i would love to see a bone stock Viper run in a GT series------please-----you wouldn't even place higher than 5th. and you talking about the Cobra not headingin the right direction??? lol-----thats the stupidest remark on this thread. Yea----its the wrong direction----to warranty a just about 600hp supercharger for 3years, its the wrong direction to offer that at an MSRP of $35k for the coupe-----(and don't give me that crap about dealerships shooting it up for $40k-----you can't control the dealerships on that-------because the Viper dealerships don't sell it for MSRP also) and lastly--------if Ford fully tuned the Cobra-----to run 15lbs of boost rather than 8lbs--------do you really fricken think that they would use a suspension for a car handling 8psi. C'mon------if you have c'mon sense-------then use it. If ford pumped that Cobra out at15psi-----I think their suspension would run neck in neck with the Viper. Oh and calling the 03 Cobra ugly--------well thats pretty rediculous--------when you compare it to a hideous 03 Viper-------the 92,93,94 Vipers-----were absolutely beautiful cars-----even me 01 Cobra owner like-----but after that-----the Viper styling has down the shitter------Dodge is run by idiots------because they have completely f...D up the design. Don't you worry chief-----because Fast Fords and Muscle Mustangs----is talking about having a shoot out with a 03 Viper------and the 15psi 03 Cobra------not the 8psi Cobra--------then we will see just how much better an $85k car is vs. a so called 'wrong direction' $40k car. You Viper guys don't get it------the Viper is not that far off from the rest of the competition. Car and driver mag. claims that the cobra they tested ran 4.5 0-60 & 12.8 in the 1/4. Thats sick for a detuned car-----tack on 15psi-----and I'm sure you can see what you can expect.
robslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 02:06 PM   #93
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

first off. i am not a Viper fan. in fact i hate them. BUT, they are far better cars than the Mustang. Looks are an opinion, soi willnotcarryon that argument.

Why are you going on about what would happen if you upped the boost to produce more horsepower. You realise this is called tuning or modifying the car? Modify a Viper and see where it gets you. 8 litres goes along way.

And the racing Vipers.Yes alot of the car is modded, but the fundamental design is not. If what you argue is true then couldnt a Civic be tuned to a state whereit is faster than an LMP car? The cars keep the same engine, usually the same displacement, and the same suspension layout. Dont tell me im talking shit because i have just returned from aroundof the FIA GT Championship where i watched a Viper beat a 550 Maranello. But of course a Mustang could do that
Old 10-06-2002, 03:06 PM   #94
robslob
AF Regular

oh . . .

the 550 maranello makes 485hp at 7,000rpms & 420lbs torque at 5,000 rpm with
weighing 3,726lbs VS.
03 Viper at 500hp at 5,500 rpms & 525lbs torque with 4,600rpms while weighing 3,357lbs = thats an easy win for a viper------it has a tremendous torque advantage on the Maranello as well as a 360 lb advantage.

The 03 Cobra fully tuned will put out over 500lbs of torque also but at 3,500rpms with a coupe weight of about 3,680 lbs. With the Cobra putting out more than 500lbs of torque at 3,500rpms (and at 15psi----it is a real number----because thats one of the benefits of the Eaton charger) well-------if you ask me-----sounds like the Viper raise is pretty close after all----even while weighing a little over 300lbs more than the Viper. Oh and by the way the differential that the Cobra uses---has a wee bit better traction than your Viper------thats a fact too.

So if you look at the real numbers------you can see what all the fuss is about. Its total BS to call having the Cobra run its maximum boost----'tuned'. Thats total BS----because at 8psi its held back. Ford could launch it from the factory at 15psi----but don't you think they'll piss off 01 Cobra owners like me who bought one just a year ago at 320hp-----with no supercharger?????? so that weight holds no water-----because Ford can't put out an 03 Cobra at over 180more hp off the floor. Thats just unfair to the customers-----and means nothing as far as the issue at hand-----and thats a stock Cobra running its maximum power vs. the Viper naturally aspirated version at 500hp. The Cobra overall would beat a Viper------because of the low end torque-----thats a fact----fully tuned most definetely-----has more low end torque-------and thats what wins you races. If you want to compare running through the slalom------well thats a different story----but upgrade the stock suspension on a Cobra------and I'll tell you------its a toss up------and anyone will agree-------because there are 2 things that decide which car will be faster------and those are real simple-------horsepower & torque vs. the cars weight and off course who has the better traction . . . enough said bro! Point proven-------even the Maranello would get beat by the 15psi cobra-----It makes no difference what the Cobra's power is coming off the stock floor. Because the 04 Cobra---will probably be made to run 10psi-----they just change the pulley and tune------but over all------unless they swap the heads or put in a high lift cam------the 04 cobra will make the same power as the 03 and will only be faster if its lighter-------or given better traction and handling! so in the end------its a hell of lot closer than you really think it is!!!!!:silly2:
Old 10-06-2002, 03:42 PM   #95
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

i told you i saw them in the FIA GT Championship. If you think those cars are stock then maybe theres not a whole lot of point arguing with you anymore.

And once again i dont doubt the Mustang is fast in a straight line, but it isnt in a corner.

Is the mustang making 15psi outof the factory?no, so stop saying about how it really should be 15psi etc etc etc. its not, but hey you know what. Nissan got the RB26 to 1600bhp. so i guess that means that the RB should really be 1600bhp, instead of only "276". so in a comparison you should always remember to state that the RB is ACTUALLY a 1600bhp engine

Last edited by Pennzoil GT-R; 10-06-2002 at 04:23 PM.
Pennzoil GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 09:08 PM   #96
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
More low end torque than a fucking Viper??? WTF are you smoking??? The Vipers have the most low end torque in any stock car in the world. The old GTS's never dropped below 450, even at idle they had that much up until the hit peak power and horsepower started picking up. And the new Viper, I heard a magazine quote that it's torque curve is as flat as a carrier's deck, that means dumbass 525 at idle, throughout every single rpm up until peak, well I guess it doesn't have a peak if it is the same throught, up until it drops off. They did that by making special camshafts for a flat ass torque curve. I'd like to see the SVT Mustang Cobra's torque curve off of a dyno graph compared to the Vipers, It's probably an actual curve too. where are you gettin all of this capable shit at? prob just makin it up aren't ya?? I'll bet they only put out 8 psi because that's all it can handle without cracking, otherwise, why the fuck wouldn't they make it more shithead. All you are is talk, that's it, you can not prove any of this so i'd suggest you shut the fuck up before you really piss some of us off. I'm really sick of your Ford Fan Boy ass, your starting to make me hate Mustangs all because you think they are better than a Viper.
v10_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 10:05 PM   #97
robslob
AF Regular

viper v-10------you are a moron

Ford's 01 Cobra was 320hp-------do you really think that they can put an 03 out at 500hp and only at $5K more than the 01. First off you are an idiot------so close your mouth because you should your stupidity by the remarks you just made. Point (1) the supercharger used by the 03 cobra is an Eaton IV Genration roots type----capable of 15psi---you f....n idiot----not just 8psi-----it comes at 8psi-----and the car is rated at 390hp-------when in fact dyno testing has shown it slap down 366rwhp consistently, 420 flywheel Point (2) Cast iron block-------not aluminum dumbass-------the block is capable of 20psi-----all forged internal parts------not aluminum, not cast iron FRICKEN FORGED!!!!!But you probably don't know the difference between forged, aluminum, cast, plastic, paper---period. Point (3) at 15psi----it easily will dyno at over 500rwtorque-----and that stays consistently flat-------its a roots type supercharger------not a Vortec, Procharger, Whipple-------learn the difference between roots type--------and the aftermarket centrifugal type------oh and Point (4) keep your mouth shut when you don't even know the competitors firepower------I made my point on the reply before about the Viper vs. the 550 Maranello--------and if you still don't get it-----then you probably do have 47 Chromosomes-------DI.K Head!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2002, 01:41 AM   #98
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

you thought a GT chamionship car was totally stock. need i say anymore?
Old 10-07-2002, 08:34 AM   #99
Aspen79_400
AF Newbie

robslob

You said formula one means a shit, good! where do you think comes the technology of your mustang? from a shit formula one! ha ha ha

Aspen79_400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 06:35 PM   #100
robslob
AF Regular

please

now you guys are being silly-----because you are told that it is totally stock---you believe evry little word-----stock my ass-----I don't buy that for a second------but you gullible saps will on the other hand. You guys probably Lee Harvey Oswald shot Kennedy-----because YOU WERE TOLD THAT ITS TRUE! Use a little independent thinking every now and then----you might actually figureout that everything is not based on shear integrity. But you fools will believe the Gt races are 'totally stock' because its advertised as being so----Hey Milli Vanilli really did sing their own songs . . . lol
Old 10-07-2002, 09:57 PM   #101
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
can we get rid of this little postwhore?? i'm really gettin sick of his false attitude. he really knows nothing what he talks about, except for that gadamn Mustang, if he had a fuckin clue about anything else he would learn to shut his mouth. he keeps rambling on about how this Mustang could beat the Viper by giving it 15 psi, NO FUCKIN SHIT!!!!! i know but who cares, literally, does anyone in here care?? i dont think so, so what your trying to state is basically pointless, how bout you take your scrawny little ass to a p.o.s. ford forum and post this shit there if you already haven't. And you know what, I dont know shit about the Mustang,i dont really care thought cuz you can ask anyone and they'll say that it sucks compared to a lot of other cars. so i dont care if it's capable of this 20 psi bull crap, they still had to supercharge it cuz they are little pussies that can't make a big bore engine worth a shit, so whatta they do, put a supercharger on it and used forced induction, if i used forced induction on a Viper, jesus you couldn't handle it it would have so much horsepower. I mean they twin turboed it, only 6 psi, and got it up to 833 hp.
also, i'm not and idiot, i've got an IQ of 163, your's is somewhere in the single digit numbers. if they rate it at 390 hp, yet you say they have gotten 366 on dyon test's, hm.....10% of 390 is 39, 390-39 is only 351, no way in hell does that car lose less than 10% of it's power through the drivetrain, not possible, and if it is 420 like you say, why do they rate it at 390 dumbass? do you have proof of this?? cuz i would really like to see it, until then i dont believe you, and i doubt anyone else does. and how do u know the block is capable of 20 psi, have they tested this?? how do u know all this shit, i dont think you do, so prove it you little bastard. and who cares if i only have 47 chromosomes, i'm still smarter than you, at least i can spell dick and i'm not afraid to, but on the other hand, your about 5 chromosomes short of being a dumbass. and get out of this forum. you dont belong, u must listen to that milly vanilly or w/e, cuz u know a lot about them too, what a gay band, your just like them, fake.
v10_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 10:50 AM   #102
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

Re: please

Quote:
Originally posted by robslob
now you guys are being silly-----because you are told that it is totally stock---you believe evry little word-----stock my ass-----I don't buy that for a second------but you gullible saps will on the other hand. You guys probably Lee Harvey Oswald shot Kennedy-----because YOU WERE TOLD THAT ITS TRUE! Use a little independent thinking every now and then----you might actually figureout that everything is not based on shear integrity. But you fools will believe the Gt races are 'totally stock' because its advertised as being so----Hey Milli Vanilli really did sing their own songs . . . lol
you really are stupid arent you? when i mentioned i had seen a viper beat a 550 in a FIA GT Championship race you made the point of quoting their stock engine figures.When i tell you that you are a fool for even thinking that a FIA GT Championship car is anywhere near standard specification. They are fundamentally the same car, but they are all very highly tuned in all areas.

After i finally seem to get this through to you you then go back on yourself, and have the nerve to call me a FOOL by saying that even though FIA GT Championship cars may say they are stock, they are far from it. Since when have they ever been advertised as being stock. They are RACE CARS, they advertise themselves as such. You are the dumbass to even bring up the argument that the World GT Series uses standard cars. I wonder what little gem of knowledge you're going to bring up next?!? or will you drag this one out even longer?
Old 10-08-2002, 05:57 PM   #103
Sax1031
AF Newbie

I see alot of bs being sad by some viper10 guy and some guy with a gay picture of a s-10 or extreme who really cares. First off the guy with the truck for a picture. No engine, not even funny cars at 800 cubic inches with the biggest and baddest blowers on them have ever made anywhere near 10,000 HP, so that is the most ignorant thing I have every heard. The funny cars on nitro applications make 6,000 horsepower or so. And second about a flat torque curve, viper10 their is no way even in your dreams that a car can put 450 lbs torgue at idle, Are you a 14 year old kid, or just stupid. And rob I am with you, because I have an all motor 302 in a 3400 lb 1990 Mustang LX 5.0 and I run mid to high 11s in the quarter. And my car cost around 13,000 dollars. As for the cobra it is a much better car for the money. I have a good friend that owns a performance shop, and they had a guy come in with a 2003 Cobra he had just bought with dealer tags on it. He had the shop put less restrictive exhaust on it, and with that alone it dynoed 410 rear wheel horsepower. Then they changed the pulley to 12 psi and it dynoed 475 rear wheel horsepower. I would like to see a chevrolet or dodge under 40,000 dollars, the guy paid 34,500 for the cobra, put over 400 horsepower to the wheels.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 06:05 PM   #104
robslob
AF Regular

viper 10--read your post

so you can read for yourself just how idiotic you sound. The 03 is rated at 390hp-----do you think that it has to have that at the flywheel---------its underrated for one reason------insurance purposes-----and of course FEDERAL REGULATIONS------pick up a copy of Muscle Musttangs & Fast Fords----preferably issue of July 02-----which dyno tests the 8psi cobra------I'll tell you-----there are some smart Viper guys on this board------but you are a total fuckin idiot. My point is proven-----now read about it------you think i just make shit up like you guys-------I base my knowledge on the 03-----by what has been tested. You guys shoot your mouth off and don't even know what you are talking about. You act as if Motor trend, car & Driver, etc. tell the whole story!! Ha ha-----you guys have shown your true colors----especially you Viper 10-----because you are clueless-----you read the Viper article in those mags-----and declared it king------Read the latest issue the 2 aforementioned articles------and you will read about the Z06 & Viper head--to head-----0.3 seconds apart! Thats it! Not 1, not 2seconds, but 0.3sec----read it fool-------so you can apologize sooner rather than later-----I spoke on this board about the tech of each car-----thats all------but you were right----when you admitted about not knowing shit about the 03 Cobra------that being said-----don't go shooting your mouth off about something you are not knowledgeable about. And lastly-----I think you are clueless about industry demands and purpose specific products. You honestly think Ford can't build a 500hp block????? lol--------pickup a Ford Racing catalog------and take a look at the 600,700hp engines offered with a 3 year warranty lol------take a look dickhead-----you talk as if Dodge has the premier engineers on planet earth------and only they know how to build a 500hp engine. Don't be fuckin stupid! Chrysler can do it, Honda can do it, all of fricken GM can do it. Supercharging is cheaper-----and ford builds its cars with keeping their massive aftermarket in mind. You ever think about that? Probably not-----because the Viper is the greatest car to you-----because you can't look at anything objectively. The GT40---will be over 100K------thats the most likely scenario------and you know what------it will be the same fricken thing as the Cobra engine is now------SUPERCHARGED! and it will sell for 100K because it will be fully tuned (15psi) and limited production. And it will run with the Viper if it weighs as much as they suggest it will (3,300lbs). Don't tkae everything at face value------because car makers build-------well at least Ford does-----because Dodge has a week aftermarket------compared to Ford----car makers build on Fed. restrictions and aftermarket needs. You can't make every car 500hp in your entire fleet----you understand simpleton-----there are emissions to keep in mind and gas restrictions-----Ford gets hit with a big penalty for a car rated over 400hp------and insurance rates are higher for cars rated over 400hp-----so do a little homework buddy-----and get your GED you retard. You sound like a fricken dope!:sun:
Old 10-08-2002, 06:20 PM   #105
robslob
AF Regular

SAX1031 . . . thank you for

bringing the common sense back to the thread. These guys don't realize what the 03 Cobra brings to the table. Hell I even found that the Somerville Ford off of 287 is selling the 03 Cobra coupe for its 35,550 MSRP----just confirmed that yesterday while getting my 01 Cobra serviced. Crazy Horse Racing in south amboy, nj fricken dyno tested the 03 at their shop for Muscle Mustangs. Let me tell you bro-----I would love to see thatEaton running the full 15psi-----with the opened up intake, headers, bassani x-pipe and FR500 exhaust or Bassani exhaust----slapped on with 4:10 gears------and a Kenny Brown Level II IRS package with all the sweet stuff------these Viper guys act like the 03 Viper is coming from the factory like a Mustang GT. that fricken car is just like an aftermarket car.---and these clowns just don't get that the 03 Cobra----for 35K is so damn close to what the Viper brings to the table. I wish Ford would sell a Cobra for 1 year---that had the full 15psi-----opened up intake and exhaust-----with at least 3.73 gears--------and tighter suspension with subframes & some nice Nitto 555 everyday tires-----I'd like to see Mr. $80k 500hp Viper----side by side with that beast.
5.0 MUSTANGS RULE!!!!!!!!