Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 09:59 AM   #91
yakk
AF Regular

I'm 47, and sell large software systems to telecom companies.

I also do a lot of remodeling on my own home, which drove me to getting my 04 Z71 extended cab. We drive it on the beach all summer. I have a cap on back with yakima bars, and keep a large utility bin with a few odd wrenches & screwdrivers, a tow strap,and a jack pad. In summer, I also have a 24 inch tv, honda generator, and directv dish, so we never miss a Sox game at the beach.
yakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:23 PM   #92
silveradoking
AF Regular

Re: What age are you guys mostly, and what kind of work do you do?

Great posts guys...insightful information.....I guess a lot of people carry different things in there cars.....This forum has been very interesting and everyone, including me, joe and moe can learn, or have learned alot.....I was interested in doing some kind of survey on all you 'Silvy folks'.... Are any of you guys interested? At the end I would post up all the information that is collected..... Thanks....
silveradoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:33 PM   #93
Silverado2002
AF Newbie

Re: Re: What age are you guys mostly, and what kind of work do you do?

Hmmm...maybe I'm the old man for this post...lol. I'm 56 and drive a 2002 Silverado 2500 HD 8.1 Crew Cab. I'm semi-retired and use my truck for pulling my 5th wheel and boat (seperately...lol). This is a great tread...I enjoyed reading about all you guys. Keep on truckin'
Silverado2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:07 AM   #94
yakk
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveradoking
Great posts guys...insightful information.....I guess a lot of people carry different things in there cars.....This forum has been very interesting and everyone, including me, joe and moe can learn, or have learned alot.....I was interested in doing some kind of survey on all you 'Silvy folks'.... Are any of you guys interested? At the end I would post up all the information that is collected..... Thanks....

Ler 'er rip! I'm sure you'll get a good response. This is a great forum.
yakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:03 PM   #95
ROOT
AF Newbie

Cool Topic, it's neat to see everyone's background. I'm 28 years old and I am a probation officer. I also work part time as an EMT and I'm on the local fire department.
ROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:37 PM   #96
gremlin96
AF Regular

tools in the tuck. well since its a new truck 04 4x4. i dont keep as many tools in it. the old truck was a 85 had tons of storage in the cab, and a tool box on back for camping gear.

so far in the truck is a mag light, gold pan, snuffer bottle, metal dector, diging tool, hunting knife, lighter and fuel, jumper cables, ratchet tiedowns. in the bed a hand full of bunjie cords.
gremlin96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 10:35 AM   #97
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus

Well for those that don't know I'm 29 and recently moved to Kansas from Arizona to escape the big city. I worked in the parts dept for a Chevy dealer for the last 10 years but since moving to Kansas I know work at a Caterpillar dealership in parts. I still enjoy my 2003 Silverado but am looking to sell it for an older 94 to 96 model with the Z71 package. 4WD comes in pretty handy here during the winter. The only tools I have in my truck are jumper cables and a portable 12 volt air compressor.

John
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:03 PM   #98
steve v
AF Newbie

I am 41 years old and a commercial builder foreman out here in the Sacramento area. I listen to rock and a little country. My XM station is 41 the Bone Yard! I carry around one of the craftsman toolkits that have a whole bunch of sockets and wrenches and screwdrivers. I rarely use them. Haven't needed to. I use my silverado for after work running around and weekends. I have a 3/4 ton 1980 K20 for work. It carries all the essential tools of the trade for a builder. Good thing is, since I am the boss, the tools are for my crew.

steve v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 09:26 PM   #99
miltystu
AF Newbie

Quote:
I have been on this site for some time, and really like my Silvy alot...I was trying to pay atttention, to see what type of people drive these trucks....I see most people, that are between the age's of 30- and 40, driving around, not alot of older or younger people...but that could be just in my area. Also, most people I see do some kind of work with their trucks, so I was wondering what kind of work....So why doesn't everyone list how old they are and what type of work they do, so we can see that Chevy type of guys or gals....(yet to see a gal driving a Silvy...but anywho...).....

34, H.V.A.C. Tech. I have a company van so I dont put too many miles on my vehicles. Most of my driving is local but I doo pull my boat and snowmobiles up north now and then.

Alpine deck, Alpine Type-R componant front and rear, Alpine Type-R 10" sub under rear seat, 2 JBL amps

Corsa cat back Duals

K&N FIPK intake

Superchips MAX Microtuner

:22yikes: " IM BROKE"
miltystu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:32 PM   #100
silveradoking
AF Regular

mitystu.....'up north' where about's?
silveradoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:05 PM   #101
miltystu
AF Newbie

Quote:
Im from connecticut, I go up to northern Vermont (St Johnsbery and up)

Alpine deck, Alpine Type-R componant front and rear, Alpine Type-R 10" sub under rear seat, 2 JBL amps

Corsa cat back Duals

K&N FIPK intake

Old 04-03-2005, 11:09 PM   #102
miltystu
AF Newbie

Quote:
Sorry. vermont snowmobiling and Pittsburgh New Hampshire fishing.

Corsa cat back Duals

K&N FIPK intake

Old 04-04-2005, 06:40 AM   #103
jeverett
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to jeverett Send a message via AIM to jeverett Send a message via MSN to jeverett Send a message via Yahoo to jeverett

Lets see what all I got in my truck.

In my toolbox - 150+ piece tool set, cordless drill, other misc tools, complete set of turnout gear for the fire dept. and my fire helmet.

Bed - Another toolbox with my stuff i do installs with, a chain, a tie-down strap, cans, bottles, etc..

cab - rechargeable mag-lite, toilet paper, rain coat, phonebook, lots of stuff in the colsole (cologne, koozies) ...

I guess that's it..
"BIG 3"
2500+ watt audio

jeverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:40 PM   #104
korndogg
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to korndogg Send a message via MSN to korndogg Send a message via Yahoo to korndogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltystu
34, H.V.A.C. Tech.

i dont mean to jack the thread here but how is that workin out for you? I am almost done with my associate's degree in HVAC. Ive been around it my whole life since its what my dad does too.
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/korndogg002
korndogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:11 AM   #105
AndyMart
AF Newbie

Wow, great post, took me forever to read through all replys. Very interesting reading what everyone does. As for me I am 27 and a Rice Farmer, not the most exciting job, my family has farmed rice for 4 generations. Been working since I was old enough to see over the steering wheel of a tractor. My office is 3000 acres of farm land and I love it, nothing else like it. I listen to mostly country and rock, also like texas country and have all of Lynard Skynard's CDs. In my truck I keep mostly tools to work on our tractors and equip. and a change of clothes, it can get messy during rainy season, which in Southeast Texas is about everyday seems like. I spend most of my day operating machinery, like our 425 h.p., 855 c.i. Versatile 2425 and our 255 h.p. 496 c.i. JohnDeere 8520. Both of which have CD players, A/C, and air ride seats. Anyway great to see what everyone does.
AndyMart is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado